View Poll Results: Would you purchase collectibles from video games?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

156 84.32%
  • No

29 15.68%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you purchase collectibles from video games?

We are asking if you would purchase collectibles from video games such as Knights of the Old Republic or Battlefront II.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Re: Would you purchase collectibles from video games?

What kind of collectibles are we talking here? Is it just action figures or is it scaled vehicles, Micro Machines, playsets, etc.?

EDIT: The "yes" and "no" options weren't up when I posted. I voted yes.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I'd be interested. A wave of all video-game figures would be nice, or they could mix them in. I wouldn't want games to be the only EU being made, but they should be a part.

Don't laugh, but I want an Arden Lynn figure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I would likely buy figures based on the SW video games. Though I would probably perfer SW figures based on the EU novels.

As for "collectibles" in general, it would depand on what it was specifically.
    May the force be with you.

I would, but not heavily, I'd be very picky simply because I haven't played all that many of the games, so it'd have to be stuff that fits with my take on Star Wars if it's something I haven't built an attachment through already. I'd buy anything from Dark Forces and its sequels though, I've been wanting to see that done since forever.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Collectibles could be action figures, props, vehicles, die-cast, busts, etc.... it's all open.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

i voted "yes" even though i've not played a lot of the video games. i would definitely buy KOTOR figures were they to be produced.

I am actually shocked to see a pol like this since I thought that the video games fell into the EU catergory. I was also shocked to see such an overwhelming "yes" response to this poll since most people frown on the EU threads.

I would be most interested in collecting lines based on the games since I am one of the few who believe that just because it is not seen in a movie it never happened. Star Wars is such an artistic world as well as one of pure imagination that it would be impossible to put a cap on what could happen within the saga. EU is a way for fans to act out different adventures with new characters and still keep true to what the saga is all about, adventure and above all else IMAGINATION.

I would love to see the EU line brought back into the mainstream. Such games as Dark Forces, Republic Commando, Jedi Outcast, Starfighter, and Knights of the Old Republic are screaming to have figures made from them.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I voted Yes. I gave KOTOR & KOTOR2 65 of the best hours of my life!!! . I think that the Characters from these games were great. A figure line would be really nice. All party members plus the Darths. Also a Sith soldier would be cool. The only problem would be taht Hasbro would not make either an Ebon Hawk or an Ebon Hawk bridge playset taht would really tie the set together.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

I voted yes since I bought several Dark Forces Dark Troopers and the Kyle Katarn figure back in '98. I'd buy a Jan Ors and General Mohc too, and probably Jerec and the other Dark Jedi acolytes from DF2.

I don't know much about KOTOR or Battlefront since I've never played them. I'd buy EU figures from Dark Horse Comics' Knights of the Old Republic in a heartbeat.

And while Hasbro is at it, they can also release Vlix and the second series of the Kenner Droids figures. Also a Boba Fett based on the 'toon artwork.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)