Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wal-Mart DVD figure packs:what's up with the clones?

saw all 2 of these today,and was compelled to get the clones.....but....were these guys actually in the movie? i certainly don't recognize the color or patterns on them....or are they just specially made for this set?.....if so,i really wish they would've mad a 3-pack of the 501st instead......

Re: Wal-Mart DVD figure packs:what's up with the clones?

These sets are a joke. I would rather wipe myself with a $10 bill than give it to wal*mart. I seriously doubt they were in the movie. They suck!!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

They were NOT in the movie. Just another way to get us to buy them. Heck, these would haev sold regardless. More because they are the special "DVD" collection than what their paint scheme is. Even plain white ones would have sold well.

I agree though, these should at the least have been movie accurate clones. Imagine the poor sap who gets this for his kid and the kid throws a tantrum because the clones he got for toys were not the same ones in the movie.
    THEN he throws another tantrum to his parents to get them to find a set that has "correct" clones.

Cripes, I realize Hasbro wants to stretch out the clone repaint thing and all, but would it have been too much to ask to have these be Jedi Temple Assault or better yet (IMHO) Utapau clones?

As it were, instead of buying up a few sets of these, I'm only going for one MAYBE two sets (one to open). If I can find them that is.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

These were not in the movie. Apparently they have "III" on their helmets, obviously for Episode III. I originally thought that they were the gray ones from Coruscant but they are gold and a new design.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1974
    saw all 2 of these today
    Just so you know, there's three sets. A jedi set with Episode 1 "non-exclusive" Mace Windu, Mustafar playset Obi-Wan, & "battle arena" Anakin.
    A Sith set with ROTS Emperor Palpatine, AOTC Count Dooku, & Saga Bespin Duel Vader. Then of course the Clones wich are the same as the deluxe sets with the three gold lines on their helmets to signify the release of Episode III.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    Imagine the poor sap who gets this for his kid and the kid throws a tantrum because the clones he got for toys were not the same ones in the movie.
    THEN he throws another tantrum to his parents to get them to find a set that has "correct" clones.-Sal
    I don't know Sal. Believe me I'm the last one to stick up for Hasbro, but I just don't think that will happened to often. I think there will be more of us adult collectors that actually look for these things and purchase them. And of the children that do get their mits on them, I don't think they'll care as much as we do.

Personally, I would froth at the mouth if this were a three pack of the SP clones painted as the 501st! Man, I get sweaty just thinking about it!!!!!

These are the same as the deluxe clone 3 pack as in zero articulation??

Same ones JawaJoe. Hey the arms and heads move! I passed on the set. I'm a big fan of the Clones but I couldnt justify buying this set.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    I don't know Sal. Believe me I'm the last one to stick up for Hasbro, but I just don't think that will happened to often. I think there will be more of us adult collectors that actually look for these things and purchase them. And of the children that do get their mits on them, I don't think they'll care as much as we do.

Personally, I would froth at the mouth if this were a three pack of the SP clones painted as the 501st! Man, I get sweaty just thinking about it!!!!!

Actually while writing it, I thinking more of we collectors, but was trying to be nice about it...heh heh.

Thing is, we'll gripe about it, but we'll still buy it. A kid might NOT want it because this paint scheme wasn't in the movie.

Ah well, I've decided to get two sets of these (carded and an opener). Still want movie accurate clone though.
    Move along, move along

Talking Re: Wal-Mart DVD figure packs:what's up with the clones?

Houston, Texas here...

these movie sets have hit all over local Wal-marts in the area with 2 of each of the three pieces per case.

Too, bad these are the stiff deluxes...

Good Luck,