Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Jabbas Barge in 2006!!!!

It has been confirmed, along with NEW batman building sets. Jabbas Sail Barge will be released some time in 2006. This is just one of the seven Star Wars set for 2006.

From LEGO comes the following:
    The first licensed property to join the LEGO family in 1999, LEGO Star Wars(TM) has become one of the best-selling lines in global company history, and continues in 2006 with seven new playsets representing vehicles from the entire saga, including the B-Wing Fighter(TM) and Jabba the Hutt(TM)'s Sail Barge.

"Building upon the success we have had over the years, and particularly in 2005 with Star Wars, we're thrilled to extend and compliment our existing stable of top licenses with three more red-hot properties to appeal to children of all ages," says Jill Wilfert, vice president, global partnership and alliance management for LEGO Group. "All-access to the Nickelodeon portfolio allows us to bring some of the most popular television stories and characters into the LEGO build-and-play universe for kids, while the classic Batman brand offers a tremendous opportunity to simultaneously engage boys and adult collectors in a building experience rich with details, functions and play possibilities."

This was foung at RS.com.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Re: Jabbas Barge in 2006!!!!

Oh it's only LEGO.

Man, you scared me! When I read that I thought you meant Jabba's Sail Barge for the action figures. I almost crapped my pants!

I have no interest in LEGO.

It should be noted that Rebelscum is not a reliable source of Lego news. A quick peek over at FBTB yields no such info. At this point I'd said this isn't worth believing.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I don't know about RS being unrelialbe. I do know that FBTB is slower then a snail when it comes to any news about legos. Right now I think I'll stick with RS on this, they are the second site I seen that has confirmed lego got the batman license.

I don't think they're totally unreliable, but they do seem to throw anything remotely possible on their website while SSG and fbtb wait to get a confirmation.

Anyways that's a pretty cool announcement if it's true. It'll be a $80+ set I bet.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

A Sail Barge would probably be a monster System set akin to the Sandcrawler, and probably retail for the same price. Though I could see them using a boat hull for the bottom and building up from there. It wouldn't take much to get it into scale with that dinky Desert Skiff we got a few years ago.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

It's up on the FBTB site and here's an article that the site points you towards. Link.

Looks like we are indeed gonna get it and I can't wait.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Hey, Spongebob Squarepants is listed as a new licensee as well. Bikini Bottom playsets might be pretty cool if they're System sets. My mom loves that little guy, I know she'll probably want them.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Well, here it is. It is indeed being released.

Jabba's Sailbarge
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Not only are we getting that awesome model we're also getting a mini-figure scaled IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/le...logueimage.jpg