Report Card for Hasbro Canada (ROTS)

Dear Hasbro - So there's this rumour that you actually read this site (Hasbro US). For a long time, us Canadians have heard how basically Habro US could care less about the rest of the world, which may or not be true. However, given that Hasbro Canada is essentially your representation in the Great White North, I think you should know how they are doing.

This specifically will cover the ROTS line of toys only.

Availability of basic figures : B. - OK, this grade is given grudgingly. We got figures 1 through 58, and in pretty good quantities. I had no problem finding all of these figures, and even most of the variants (with the exception of blue-sabred Palpatine) By my calculations that's 82% of the figures made for the ROTS line.

They are not getting an A because figures 59 to 68 were not available up here, which (in my opinion) is completely unacceptable. And don't give me the "it costs more to produce Tri-logo cards" excuses because in the US you made 68 distinctive cards, and we had 2. It couldn't possibly cost any more to put 12 more figures on the same cards already exisiting than it does creating 12 new cards for the US.

Availability of Deluxe figures - D. Of the 16 Deluxe figures made, only 9 (or 56%) were available in Canada. 'nuff said.

Vehicles and Playsets (not inlcuding exclusive vehicles) - A+. We got all of them, and in good quantities. No problem getting any of these, well done.

Exclusives - F. That's right F. We got 2 exclusives out of the 13 made this year (not counting Battle Packs). That's 15% Given that the 2 we got (Holo Yoda and Holo Emperor) were on American cards, I see no reason why we couldn't get the others, including the vehicles.

Evolutions - B - We've got 3 of 4, not counting the variant evolution pack. I'm not holding my breath on getting that one up here either. (PS - they were ALSO in American packaging)

Battle Packs - F. We got 3 of the 7 battle packs. And the 3 we got were the ones that sucked.

So, in recap- B, D, A+, F, B and F. That's a D average - on figures for ROTS.

I don't know if Hasbro is the kind of company that is satisfied with a D rating, but I thought you should know.

ps - not rated - The walmart seperation of the twins and DVD packs - I haven't seen them yet, but I think that may just be a timing issue.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Re: Report Card for Hasbro Canada (ROTS)

Well said Pegger,

still waiting for Hasblow to figure out that we need the last 12 & to send some half decent battle packs to Canada. How hard is it to find someone like Zellers to take these on. The first three are garbage IMHO, where's the Clone battle packs for Canadians for gods sake?where's the Clone battle packs for Canadians for gods sake?where's the Clone battle packs for Canadians for gods sake?where's the Clone battle packs for Canadians for gods sake?where's the Clone battle packs for Canadians for gods sake?where's the Clone battle packs for Canadians for gods sake?where's the Clone battle packs for Canadians for gods sake? Oh & where's the final 12?Oh & where's the final 12?Oh & where's the final 12?Oh & where's the final 12?Oh & where's the final 12?Oh & where's the final 12?Oh & where's the final 12? If things don't shape up you can kiss my 3 grand a year U.S. goodbye Hasbro If things don't shape up you can kiss my 3 grand a year U.S. goodbye Hasbro If things don't shape up you can kiss my 3 grand a year U.S. goodbye Hasbro If things don't shape up you can kiss my 3 grand a year U.S. goodbye Hasbro If things don't shape up you can kiss my 3 grand a year U.S. goodbye Hasbro If things don't shape up you can kiss my 3 grand a year U.S. goodbye Hasbro If things don't shape up you can kiss my 3 grand a year U.S. goodbye Hasbro.

I hope this was clear for you, my son (7) & I like the figures, but if you can't provide us with the figures without searching all over the place to find them, then we'll find something else to collect Hasbro. Marvel Legends is a good place to continue I guess, never had a problem with distribution or quantities or peg-warming for that matter. Please get your collective ar*** in gear Hasbro & fix the things that need to be fixed. If you can't do it find someone else that can, it's that simple.

TC & Peace

B
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Brandon - I'm glad yuo mentioned Zellers...Isn't Zeller's OWNED by Target?

Offer the Target or K-Mart exculsives to Zellers, The Bay, Lawblaws (aka Superstore), Canadian Tire... there are enough Canadian retailers that someone would take it. Hell, you offer them to different retailers in Europe.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

If you guys need in nemodian warriors i'd be more than happy to send them to you!
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

You know, we'd take the Silver ones right about now. I'm also baffled by this claim that the final 12 figures won't come up here. ROTS toys have blown away the competition for 2005 - they've flown off the shelves everywhere in a year that has seen A LOT of new boys toys being produced and brought to market. I've been collecting for a lot of years, and I've NEVER seen stuff fly off the shelves like this. The only thing I can figure is that the LONG delay in getting new stuff - right around the time ROTS left theatres, if I'm not mistaken - put us too far behind to catch up before the packaging switch. I wonder if instead of a cost issue due to the need to create new cards, this was a cost issue based on the need to get the first couple of waves of 2006 figures carded up and ready to go. I hope that's the case.

That being said - we would have bought any new stuff that you shipped up, period, and we'll continue to do so. I hope that next year you'll continue to give us as good a chance at supporting the line as you did this year.

My final verdict is this: 2005 was a great year for the amount of stuff we got a retail - but it was also a disappointing year when you consider the amount of stuff we didn't get. My grade is B-.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    My final verdict is this: 2005 was a great year for the amount of stuff we got a retail - but it was also a disappointing year when you consider the amount of stuff we didn't get. My grade is B-.
    Wow, I think you're being VERY generous...

If you only look at Vehicles, Basic Figures and Deluxe, I think B- is a fair grade. I also had no problem building my armies (much to the dismay of my wife, and joy of my son), and not feeling like a jacka$$ for doing it, becuase their were so many clones, etc... Also, of the basic figs, we got 82% of them (including variants). The final 12 don't even bother me THAT much, since most of them are re-paints (although 501st, Gree, BLy, Holo Koon and Holo Aayla are must haves IMO)

Vehicles were also fanastically done.

Deluxe tho, we barely got more than 50% of them. And what excuse is there for that? I can't see timing being a issue...they were out in the US in July?

The biggest failure Hasbro Canada had this year was lack of exclusives. We got 2....2! Unacceptable. If no retailer in Canada is willing to pick them up (and I doubt any retailer was approached) then Hasbro Canada should find a way to make them available to us here...eithe sell direct, make a small quantity available on-line, something. Anyways, that's their job to figure out. I just want to be able to buy the damn things.

Well we got 2 at retail. We also had just as much access to the "online only" exclusives (Holiday Darth, Wedge, EE Droid 5 packs) as anyone else, so the numbers have to be altered slightly for that - even though our shipping costs are just stupid. I agree, there needs to be a way for them to put limited amounts for members of an online club or something.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008