Target Rain Checks

Well, a couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to get a rain check for the $17.99 price for Evolutions sets. The other day I was at Target and noticed that they had the new Clone sets iin. I went up to the counter and they gave them to me for the old sale price.

1. My rain check was for 5 sets.

2. They scanned my rain check, which was a reciept style print out they gave me back when the sale was going on.

3. I bought 3 sets.

They then gave me back the rain check and told me I could use it later. I assumed they meant for the remaining 2 sets.

Well, yesterday I found 2 more sets and brought them and the rain check up to the register. The same lady scanned the sets and my rain check. Well, that's that I thought....my rain check is no longer any good.

WRONG!

The cashier told me that it was still valid until the expiration date...1 Dec 05!!! So my little rain check is good for a couple more weeks. I had no idea that was how it worked. I figured they had a running tally, once I hit my 5 set limit that was it. Nope, the rain check is good until the expiration date no matter how many I buy!!!

Was anyone else aware of this? I am glad I got that little rain check, it has saved me $10.00 already and it may save me more. What a deal!
    May the force be with you.

Re: Target Rain Checks

Good post sk99. I thought it was a one time shot and that was it. With Target's rapidly dwindling quality of customer service I would never have thought that was possible.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

When were the Evolution sets 17.99?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    When were the Evolution sets 17.99?
    The week before Halloween when all (or most) the Hasbro SW stuff was 10% off.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Damn, that's a GREAT tip! I'll be sure to keep this in mind, should I ever have need for a raincheck.

Thanks!
    Move along, move along

Yeah, the funny thing is I noticed that only a couple of Target's bothered with the rain checks, yet they are good at any store?!?!
    May the force be with you.

When everything was on sale a while back, my local Target did not have a single fgure on the peg. Instead, there were little rainchecks attatched to pegs with instructions on how to redeem them. I was asked for how many figures I wanted rainchecks, and I said 10 for Coll I, 10 for Coll II and 5 for the Evo sets. They are supposed to be good for ANY Target and for a duration of 45 days after issue.

I've used them several times since then and they keep handing me my raincheck back saying that I still have a couple left on the ticket.