Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down I sliced my finger open Friday night... GROSS!!!!

There was blood all over the place! Thankfully, the injury occurred in a place where they could use dermabond and not have to give me stitches. I did have to get a tetnus shot. No big deal. I missed my gig that night and now I'll have to pay a $500 deductible for the hospital visit. This sucks...

So, anyhow, I put a band-aid on it on Saturday because an edge of the wound was crimped and poking up through the dermabond. Blood was still flowing there. Fun! I left it on all weekend and replaced it this morning after I showered. It is all white and yellow and purple and brown. YUM!!!

Dar'Argol and I are the mangeld finger twins! Whee!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Re: I sliced my finger open Friday night... GROSS!!!!

Do you play in a band also (curious about use of the word gig)?

at least you didn't get glued to a toilet seat...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Sorry to hear of your troubles JP , but you can't start a thread like this and not say how it happened !

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    at least you didn't get glued to a toilet seat...
    That's optimism.

And really, you might have saved on the dermabond if you just used whatever glue they used on that old guy's derrier.

Yeah, we need the scoop on the modality of the injury, JP, in order to fully feel your pain. I did my thumb yesterday ripping up flooring - some of that carpet tacking (the little boards they put along the walls with tons of nails sticking up) got me right where my nail ends near the tip. I was not happy.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Well... I was slicing some sourdough bread for dinner on Friday evening and the first piece came out fine. The bread had a nice heavy crust on it. The second piece didn't come out so well. The knife hit some odd "terrain" and when I pulled back, the serrated edged blade bent at an angle and ripped through the top-half of my pointer finger. It cut from just above the joint to the tip of the fingernail. It's a nice ovular slice. It was hanging off of the finger and that was pretty much a given that I needed to get myself to the hospital.

It looks lovely now... dead flesh is so pretty. NOT!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Sounds like you need some re-education in the Bread Crust thread.

Ouch sorry to hear that JP.

I got a bloody nose at work last week for those that care (no I wasn't punched and no I wasn't picking my nose, it just happened.)

So the knife bent as you were slicing bread? Apparently your cutlery isn't Japanese steel.

I sliced my ring and pinky finger down to the tendon when I was kid. Put my hand through a glass table..
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)