Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is the fascination with clones?

Numerous thoughts to get off my chest here, so please bear with me.

First of all, what is everyone's fascination with clones? I don't remember anyone ever getting this excited about stormtroopers, and after all, there isn't much difference.

That being said, I bought a super articulated clone the other day (had to spend the money to get the holographic Emperor), and WOW! is this a cool action figure. I mean, this may be the best action figure I've seen in thirty something years. I can't put mine down.

Now, this brings me to a list of questions.

Is Gree a repaint of this figure? In other words, does he have this articulation?

Did we ever get a stormtrooper this articulated (as you can tell, I don't open my figures often)?

Did the clone that came with the clone wars set come this articulated?

Do the clones that I just got today in the Jedi Temple Assault move like this?

I think that that is it for now; more thought as they come to me.

Thanks, everyone.

Re: What is the fascination with clones?

Ok, I just thought of something else. I've heard people say that the Obi-Wan Kenobi has great articulation (the pilot version). Is this true? The other thing that I bought to get Palpatine was another Jedi Council set; I am now trying to finish a set to open. Would this figure be the one I want to sit on the council?

What other figures have they made with this articulation?

yes, Gree is a repaint of the #41 SA clone

the VOTC stormtrooper is almost as articulated

the clones in the Temple Assault set are repaints of the #6 Quick Draw clones. they have all the articulation that the #41 has except at the waist.

Obi Wan pilot has articulation at the same points as the #41 clone.

I get excited about Stormtroopers all the time!

You'll want to get (and open!) the Pilot Obi-Wan for sure! Its the best Obi-Wan made!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Personally I get exited about all the Imperial badies!

Stormtroopers
    Sandtroopers
    Snowtroopers
    Scout Troopers

By extension I get somewhat excited about the Clones, though not as much.

BTW, the Evolutions Sandtrooper is also as well articulated as the VOTC Stormtrooper and the SA Clone. In fact the entire set kicks major butt in that area!
    May the force be with you.

The reason everyone is so fascinated is because they come in so many flavors and they make great army builders. Stormtroopers only come in 4 main variations (regular, snow, biker, and AT-AT types) whereas the clones have come in so many different colors and styles that it's just ridiculous.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    The reason everyone is so fascinated is because they come in so many flavors and they make great army builders. Stormtroopers only come in 4 main variations (regular, snow, biker, and AT-AT types) whereas the clones have come in so many different colors and styles that it's just ridiculous.
    You forgot "Sand" troopers. (Four Different Paulrons)
    And do you count Imperial Gunners or TIE Fighter Pilots?

I like them all. Right now I'm much more excited about clones. I think it's more becuase we get to see them in some serious action. In the OT they were never really in that many numbers in one scene, when they weren't just standing around.

Also, these clones are much more accurate than the OT troopers.

I'm sure with time, I'll go back to liking the Stormtroopers more (as a nostalgia thing probably).

Oh, here's another thought, since the helmet for the ROTS clones is a great transitional helmet to the OT, people are using it as a way to identify and link them to the OT, which is always good.

That's my take on it.
    -Sal
    Move along, move along

Another quick question: Were the Entertainment Earth Clone packs similarly articulated?

Yes, in fact the Entertainment Earth packs are the SA Clones with new paint decos.
    May the force be with you.

They can release all the variations of clones they want...purple, pink, lavender, cyan, or flannel. They are from the PT, so I don't care what they do to them. I just pray they don't start giving Stormtroopers funky EU paint jobs. I would like to see more battle packs with Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Scouts, Imperial officers, and other Imperials. (They already took care of the Snowtroopers.)
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".