Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Master Replicas Product Rumors and Speculation

Master Replicas has recently unveiled some great new products for 2006 including the long-awaited Qui-Gon Jinn LE, Darth Maul and Obi-Wan FX sabers and the Studio Scale Y-Wing.

What other products are known to be "in-the-works" that have not yet been "officially" announced, such as the Studio Scale Millenium Falcon and the upcoming Indiana Jones props, just to name a few?

Also, what products do you think are likely to actually get produced? I'd love to see more Clone Trooper helmets, especially Commander Gree's with the jade visor and possibly "weathered" variations of the exclusive 501st, and Star Corps helmets.

Re: Master Replicas Product Rumors and Speculation

I want more LE sabers!

I'd like some more LEs too, but we're getting down to the end.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

There's still the Jedi Council and lesser Jedi's to do: Aayla Secura, Ki Adi Mundi, Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti...

They may not have the marketability of the more popular characters but they could be marketed directly to saber completists in much more limited quantities similar to the EE's. Perhaps exclusive to Collectors' Society members.

Then there's the matter of more blasters, of which there are a TON that have not been produced. The sales of these have not been stellar but it is probably due mostly to price point. A Han Solo or Jango Fett sell briskly but Rebel Blasters and Leia handguns seem to linger until they are practically clearanced out.

Lots of possibilities on the Studio Scale models... again, price point here is the only consideration.

Helmets... LOTS of possibilities there. Would you like Weathered or Non-Weathered?

And wouldn't it be cool if Master Replicas could come up with something as innovative as their successful FX sabers... say, something along the lines of an electronic Holo-projector perhaps? Hmmm... now THAT would be cool!!!

It has been confirmed that there will be a Qui-Gon mini and an Anakin AOTC mini saber. There should be more LE's coming in too but I dont know what. Their product line should be announced soon for 2006. We must "learn patience."
    "I have you now."

2006 Product Plan

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to stop in to let you know that we will not be sending out the Product Plan email tomorrow as we had planned. http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif Some of our Licensors need additional time to review the plan and the email before we can send it out. We have tried to rush things to get the information to you as fast as we could but it looks like we will have to wait a little while longer. I know you have all been looking forward to seeing what we have planned for next year and I can guarantee you that it will be worth the wait! In the meantime, I will be coming in all week playing some games and giving a way some cool prizes. Plus we have the great sale going on as well! I may even be able to drop a hint or two about what is coming up.

Please accept our apologies for the delay. We really do appreciate your patience.

Amy

Thanks for the update Amy!

Recently Master Replicas posted a little teaser on the BLOG, of what we might be expecting this next year in 2006 with the hint of character names (some pending final approval)...

Luke Skywalker
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Darth Maul
    Darth Vader
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Anakin Skywalker
    Han Solo
    Boba Fett
    Imperial Stormtrooper

So, might I speculate on a few of these....

Luke Skywalker Hmmmmm......
    Qui-Gon Jinn We're getting a Lightsaber LE and maybe a mini
    Darth Maul We're gettin the full size FX lightsaber, ???
    Darth Vader The ROTS Helmets shipping, something else maybe?
    Obi-Wan Kenobi The TPM EE lightsaber is comming early '06, anything else?
    Anakin Skywalker Not sure on this one. Anyone else?
    Han Solo We know a Blaster mini is coming. Maybe a Studio Millennium Falcon. Signature Edition?
    Boba Fett Might we be getting an ESB or ROTJ Blaster LE??? Helmet?
    Imperial Stormtrooper We've seen pics of a Blaster mini, and a rumored ESB Blaster LE, and a helmet!

Talking New Master Replicas

I think they should start doing the rarer stuff we never see The Jawa Blaster, The Gaderffii Stick, Gamorrean Guard Axe, just to name a few I'm getting tired of all the different versions of lightsabers from the same character. It's getting like Hasbro with the repack of Han Solo's what are they up to on that 7? Let see some mew stuff

Quote Originally Posted by coug27
    I think they should start doing the rarer stuff we never see The Jawa Blaster, The Gaderffii Stick, Gamorrean Guard Axe, just to name a few I'm getting tired of all the different versions of lightsabers from the same character. It's getting like Hasbro with the repack of Han Solo's what are they up to on that 7? Let see some mew stuff
    The Jawa Blaster, and Gaffi Stick are great ideas. I think props from some of the "background", or supporting, characters would be cool. They might not think they would sell well, though. Maybe if they made a smaller production run, and/or available only to Collector's Society members it would work. Maybe use them as the Society Exclusive piece?!?! I'd be OK with that!

I'm interested to see how the mini-blasters come out. I have been a big fan of the minisabers, but they are running out of material, and the chrome versions just don't do it for me. The blasters could be a valid option to keep that line alive!
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion