Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

The rumoured Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show (Terminator)

Have a look at aint-it-cool-news.com or cinescape.com where theres already some discussion on this. I thought I'd start one here seen as Im not a member of those forums.

Terminator (minus T3) is my favourite franchise after Star Wars so this is of particular interest to me. What are your thoughts?

Re: The rumoured Sarah Connor Chronicles TV show (Terminator)

God its embarrassing when no one responds to your thread. No love for Terminator then? OK.

I like Terminator but I'm not going to "have a look" at Aint-It-Cool, first because I hate that site and second because I have enough stops as it is on my internet surfing.

Perhaps you should have summarized the material and posted it in the opening thread; that might have prompted discussion.

Its supposed to take place after the events of T2 with Sarah and John Connor on the run. And thats just about all the essential info given so far. Most people have said a show set in the Terminator universe without any Terminators is a bit pointless. I'd sort of agree - then again if they do have Terminators thats going to cause continuity problems.

then again if they do have Terminators thats going to cause continuity problems.
    Continuity problems with the Terminator story line....Nah. LOL What a joke. The entire franchise has continuity problems. LOL Maybe they will hire Joss Whedon to produce. LOL

I agree that without the "hook" of actual Terminators or proto-Terminators this series is doomed to failure. It is the obvious choice for a protaganist, anything else falls short.
    May the force be with you.

Curious, maybe they should do a series of an old John Connor in the future fighting Ts or something . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Curious, maybe they should do a series of an old John Connor in the future fighting Ts or something . . .
    More likely that'll be the premise for the next film if indeed T4 is going ahead. If it even should considering the embarrassment of T3. Now that T3 is out and I've had time to think about it I've realised that Cameron was right about there being no worthwhile story to tell after T2. T3 had a good truck chase and thats it. Everything else took the p*ss out of the first 2 films with ridiculous 'crowdpleasing' jokes that purported to be 'homages'. Typical Hollywood, whatever pulls in the punters, to hell with the integrity of the films.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
    Continuity problems with the Terminator story line....Nah. LOL What a joke. The entire franchise has continuity problems
    I know you're right, its all a bit buggered up really. For one thing, if the 1st T-800 had already gone through the time portal when the resistance discovered it shouldn't he already have been successful in his mission from their point of view in the future? The moment it went through shouldn't it and presumably its killing of Sarah connor immediatley have become part of the past, thereby rendering the resistance non-existent and therefore providing no chance to send Reese back after it....blah blah blah. No one could figure it out if they thought about nothing else their entire life. So I see your point. Worrying about continuity in the Terminator universe is actually moot. It got even more botched up with T3, which contradicted the theme of T1 and T2 (the future not being set VS T3's no actually its inevitable) aswell as specific details like John Connors age. It was all a sham really. At least T1 and T2 offered up a neat arc. T3 is pointlessly tacked on. I'd fear any tv show would be likewise.

As a kid I always got freaked out during the Reese flashback (or flashforward ? ) scenes and that would make a pretty cool film premise. Scary as hell were those robot scenes in the original Terminator.

T3 may have been pointlessly tacked on but like I discussed in the T3 forum some time ago is that the judgement day of T3 is an alternate reality created by the events of T2. It isn't the same judgement day or same story but it is happening. For different reasons and under different circumstances. Somewhat analgous to the events in the movie (never read the book) The Time Machine. He kept changing the events to save his wife but she kept dying anyway. You can change how it will happen, but you can't stop it from happening. This was what T3 was about. It was about John Connor needing to accept his destiny and taking the future for what it was going to be. The only way to stop the machines was for John Connor to defeat them in the here and now the way it was suppose to be. Not by trying to bend the space-time continium.

But as far as the TV show goes, they can't have Termies because up till T3 there had been no activity whatsoever. So I just may have to go to Aintitcoolnews,
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I don't want a TV show. I will see T-4, but that should possibly be the last one if they go that route, else maybe all of them should be Future Wars from here on out.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.