Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Have you taken down the 6 film Saga Marathon yet ?

I did it yesterday with a group of friends while enjoying a friend's makeshift home theater and we took down all 6 SW flicks back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

We did it in just over 13 hours and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. It was really fun to take them all down in that fashion for the first time. Not something I'd do very often but I could see particpating maybe once per year.

There is only one scene in the whole saga that I absolutely hate, no surprise to some of you when I say C-3P0's stupidity in the droid factory (it doesn't help that I hate that ****er Threepio in the first place ) and I'll give honorable mention to the too-long-in-the-tooth part of the Gungan land battle with Jar Jar being overdone with the blue balls thing. Other than that I love Jar Jar.

So yeah, anybody else do the 6 movie marathon now that they're all on DVD ?

(yes Chux, I know you are holding out until CW v 2 but I'm not too interested in that so for me a marthon is movies only. )

Overall this is my favorite movie series but not the best movie series out there.

3 and 5 are my favorites, 2 and 6 are excellent, and 4 and 1 are very good.

Re: Have you taken down the 6 film Saga Marathon yet ?

I just don't have the time, and I am usually wiped out after a 75 hour work week. I hate it, but that's life, at least mine. Maybe when I get some vacation time in March, I will just take a day off and watch the films like you did, minus the friends.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I just don't have the time, and I am usually wiped out after a 75 hour work week. I hate it, but that's life, at least mine. Maybe when I get some vacation time in March, I will just take a day off and watch the films like you did, minus the friends.
    I was going to respond the same way. To find 13 hours, any day, that I could spend watching movies means that I have to sacrifice so much else that the thought of doing that makes me feel guilty inside. I was able to sneak a viewing of ESB yesterday, but I took care of some school work during it, and felt that I really took in only half the movie.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I could try to do it tomorrow on my day off. We'll see how things go...
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I am waiting for my brothers theatre room to be finished. He just needs to put in the carpet and the acoustics will be slamming!!!! 101" HD SW experience here I come!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I would love to attempt this, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have the stamina.
    I've barely done the OT marathon with out getting bored (for lack of a better word).
    I think I'd have to do it in 2 seperate trilogy marathons, maybe on back to back days.

The only way I think I could do it is with help from a couple of other geeks *coughCaptainSolo1138andSlickercough*.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

If my sister and her boyfriend ever visit from Ohio again, we're definitely doing a 6-movie marathon. Especially since her boyfriend hasn't seen the trilogy, only eps 1 and 2. Must. Assimilate. Further.

Since the second DVD of CW will probably have been out for awhile by then, I'm sure those will be included in the marathon. Should only take what, 18 hours? Maybe allow a bathroom break or two...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

My family (most of them, anyway) are planning on doing it over Christmas break. It's going to be fun!

Caesar, did you have breaks in-between? And what did you do for meals?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Well, since you answered for me, Caesar, I probably shouldn't.

Yes, I'm waiting until December, both for CW2 and for my new surround sound system to be finished. (I'm hoping for good Black Friday deals on the receiver and speakers.) So there are two reasons I've not done so yet.

I'm having family over and making food from the Wookiee Cookies book and drinking out of my Clonetrooper cups and it'll be wizard!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    I would love to attempt this, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have the stamina.
    I've barely done the OT marathon with out getting bored (for lack of a better word).
    Of course you need a live commentary track going on, 2 of our more recent "discoveries" were the Tackleberry lookalike in ANH and the Rick James lookalike in ROTJ.
    Lots of other interactive rifraff going on but the focus was very much on the Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by JabbaJohn
    Caesar, did you have breaks in-between?
    Technically, yes, but only long enough to change over the DVD to the next one and queue up the first chapter.
    For me it was long enough to run to the bathroom and grab another 2 cans of soda from the fridge.

Meals - my friend had the grill going for lunch so he was checking on that periodically but I just had Subway handy for my own consumption . . . and pizza was ordered for dinner.