View Poll Results: Did you preorder the 12" Sideshow Luke Jedi figure?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I preordered the Exclusive version

56 26.92%
  • Yes, I preordered the Regular version

48 23.08%
  • Yes, I preordered both versions

13 6.25%
  • No, I'm waiting until it comes out

38 18.27%
  • No, I don't want it at all

53 25.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Did you preorder Sideshow's 12" Luke figure?

I preordered the exclusive version, it took me about an hour to decide because originally I was going to wait until the regular one hit retail - I don't like limited editions that have low numbers, and I was hoping to find it for $40 at retail - but eventually I got talked into preordering mainly under the argument that it was the first one in the line which made it special.

I'm a little surprised at how many people aren't interested in this piece though, it almost seems like there was more interest in the woefully overpriced Medicom Luke Jedi from Japan.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I'm a little surprised at how many people aren't interested in this piece though,
    Personally, I'd rather spend the money on a GG mini-bust.

JT, I don't blame you for ordering the the Exclusive version, since it's the first one in the line I could see why you'd go all out on it. I'd be curious to see what you buy after this one (I don't mean just you but other collectors who buy the Exclusive Luke, whether or not they continue to buy the exclusives as they come out or if they taper off and just order the regulars.)

I guess the quality of exclusive will factor into that.

Sideshow produces quality items, but because of the prices, I have to pick and choose. I do have their Planet of the Apes Taylor figure and pre-ordered the John Wayne Marine figure as a Christmas present to myself.

Beside, I already have the Hasbro Saga 12" Luke Jedi. I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    JT, I don't blame you for ordering the the Exclusive version, since it's the first one in the line I could see why you'd go all out on it. I'd be curious to see what you buy after this one (I don't mean just you but other collectors who buy the Exclusive Luke, whether or not they continue to buy the exclusives as they come out or if they taper off and just order the regulars.)
    I don't plan on getting many more of the exclusives, the retail versions *should* be fine with me and cheaper which is always important. I suspect this line will do fairly well, but because it's not a "toy" figure as much as a "collectible" figure, it'll be a different group of collectors in some ways. I definitely plan to be picky and not buy 'em all though, I really don't need Arctic Padme in my collection for example.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Have they announced any others yet?
    I like the detail and (apparent) quality on these, but there's no way I'd pay $50 or more for a Luke figure.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I orderd both versions. I probably would have missed the exclusive it I didn't have that Friday off. I plan on opening both, but things change and I might just cancel the regular version.

What makes me laugh is the collectors that wont collect this line because they weren't able to order the Exclusive. Like what have been said, it's a gun and I know I wont even display Luke with it. So don't deprive yourself just because of a gun because. If you think it's going to hurt SS, think again. This line has some great potential and I hope SS doesn't limit themselves with only humanoid figures. From the interviews it looks to be that way.

I mean how awesome would it be to have a 12" FX-7 or even a Probe Droid.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Yes, I preordered the exclusive version but I'm probably going to pick up a regular version too. I'm not really thrilled about just getting an exclusive Blaster so I could part with the exclusive if it was fetching insane coin and just stick with the regular version.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

HEck no! Im still mad about that stupid poll!
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush