View Poll Results: Did you preorder the 12" Sideshow Luke Jedi figure?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I preordered the Exclusive version

56 26.92%
  • Yes, I preordered the Regular version

48 23.08%
  • Yes, I preordered both versions

13 6.25%
  • No, I'm waiting until it comes out

38 18.27%
  • No, I don't want it at all

53 25.48%

Hybrid View

Did you preorder Sideshow's 12" Luke figure?

Last Friday, Sideshow Collectibles made available for preorder their first 12" Star Wars figure, Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi. This 12" Luke has a top-notch likeness, screen-accurate outfit and accessories, and several swappable hands.

Expected to ship around January, Sideshow initially offered their Sideshow Exclusive version of the figure which came with an extra accessory, the skiff guard's blaster, and was limited to 1,250 pieces -- preorders for the exclusive version were filled within a scant few hours. Once those preorder were filled, Sideshow switched to taking preorders for the regular version, which will also be sold at other retailers when it's released.

It doesn't ship for 2 months or so but some collectors have even preordered both the exclusive and regular versions already without actually seeing the set in person. Other collectors are upset that the Sideshow Exclusive version came and went far too quickly, and are talking about holding out. Some collectors are betting the regular version will be available cheaper at other retailers and are holding out till it hits shelves. So this poll asks fans whether or not they've preordered this turning point in 12" Star Wars collecting.

Re: Did you preorder Sideshow's 12" Luke figure?

I got both. I have the Monty Python Set from Sideshow and the Star Wars stuff looks like it might be the best series yet. I bought both versions only because they did an interview with some guys from sideshow and they will NOT release multiple versions of characters. So if you don't get Luke now don't expect a Hoth version, and a Bepsin version etc. Plus If I only bought 1 I know I would end up opening it and displaying it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

Yes, I ordered the regular version because the Exclusive was gone by the time I got off work.
    The exclusive is just a hand with a blaster. I'm not that concerned about that. I would be upset if it were something more substantial. Like a different head sculpt or something like that.
    I hate the way Sideshow does some of there exclusives. Get this...
    First off, they give a buying window so you have to sit by your computer for four hours hitting refresh. Then they give newsletter subscribers first dibbs, however I didn't get my e-mail for the link until 2 days later! It was like congrats, you get to order an hour before everyone else only they were 2 days late!!!!!!!! What the hell!!!!!!
    I'm buying thousands of dollars worth of Sideshow stuff and they don't take care of someone like me by allowing me first dibbs.
    Sideshow needs to talk to Amy over at Master Replicas and learn how to take care of the LOYAL CUSTOMERS!
    Set a pre-order time not a frikin pre-order window. Get a collector society membership for loyal customers, and figure out the glitches in the e-mail system. I don't ever get my newsletter until a day or two later than everyone else!
    Anyway, the figure looks awesome! I so happy Sideshow got the 12 inch line. Even though I'm not happy about the customer service, I LOVE the product!

No, I don't want it at all

I dislike Sideshow's policy of offering two figure versions with alternate accessories; for this reason I no longer collect their product.

In fact, I sold all my Sideshow figures on eBay last year and have no plans to buy any of their Star Wars-themed offerings.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes, in other words I have had to make other things in my life more of a priority. If I was ever to win the lottery you can be sure I would try to get one of these. I just don't have the money to justify buying this right now though.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

"No, I'm waiting until it comes out"

I'm excited about this line, but I really want to see this first figure in person before I even think about coughing up $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spoon
    I bought both versions only because they did an interview with some guys from sideshow and they will NOT release multiple versions of characters. So if you don't get Luke now don't expect a Hoth version, and a Bepsin version etc.
    I think you may be mistaken there. They've done something like 5 Jason Voorhees figs from the different movies.

Anyway, I'm not going to buy any of Sideshow's stuff. Nice as it looks, it's too rich for my blood. Okay, I cna afford it, but I'm at a point when I'm trying to pair down my collecting. At the very least I think, man $50 for one 12 inch or 10 Action figures? I'm an army builder, so the figures win out almost all the time.
    I have almost all of the Hasbro 12 inch. I think I'm going to try and complete that set and call it a day on large Star Wars Characters. Who knows maybe I might buy one here or there, but at this point in time, it's not what I'm planning on doing.
    Move along, move along

Sideshow produces quality items, but because of the prices, I have to pick and choose. I do have their Planet of the Apes Taylor figure and pre-ordered the John Wayne Marine figure as a Christmas present to myself.

Beside, I already have the Hasbro Saga 12" Luke Jedi. I can live with that.

Yes, I preordered the exclusive version but I'm probably going to pick up a regular version too. I'm not really thrilled about just getting an exclusive Blaster so I could part with the exclusive if it was fetching insane coin and just stick with the regular version.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

HEck no! Im still mad about that stupid poll!
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush