Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anakin's EPIII Lightsaber vs. Luke's EPIV Lightsaber

Hi

I was wondering whether Anakin's Episode III Lightsaber is supposed to be Luke's Episode IV Lightsaber. In Episode III, after Anakin is defeated by Obi-Wan on Mustafar, Obi-Wan picks up and leaves with Anakin's Lightsaber. In Episode IV, when Luke goes to Obi-Wan's hideout, Obi-Wan gives Luke his "father's lightsaber," and told him that he (Anakin) wanted Luke to have it when he was old enough.

My question is - the color of the blade in Episode III is BLUE while the color fo the blade in Episode IV is GREEN. What gives? I'd rather not hear replies to the effect of, "it was housed for nearly 20 years so it gained some yellowish hue making it green." That wouldn't explain why Obi-Wan's lightsaber is blue when he fights Vader in Episode IV.

Sorry if this topic has been covered somewhere else. After all, this is a huge Star Wars forum.

Thanks.

Re: Anakin's EPIII Lightsaber vs. Luke's EPIV Lightsaber

Quote Originally Posted by scrappy915
    My question is - the color of the blade in Episode III is BLUE while the color fo the blade in Episode IV is GREEN. What gives?
    You should cue them DVDs up again, scrappy. It's blue in Episode IV. It's not green until VI when he has constructed his own.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Its the same lightsaber. The blade color has always been blue. The lightsaber hilt itself is a tad different only becuase Ben modified it over his years on Tatooine. He fixed his up a little too.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

There's a momentary glitch in the DVD version where the saber blade is green for a split second, but otherwise it's blue.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i think what were missing is. luke lost his father's lightsaber when his hand was cut off by darth vader in empire strikes back . then he revealed luke i am your father.

All these new forum members aren't making any damn sense, and it's happening all over the boards . . . it's an epidemic of craziness!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    All these new forum members aren't making any damn sense, and it's happening all over the boards . . . it's an epidemic of craziness!
    No kidding. No offense, mattu, but could you clarify that a little? With fewer periods perhaps?

Duh!!! He's explaining ESB in 3 sentences.

As for the saber color you could even say that it's white for a while on the Falcon during his "training" with Ben.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Duh!!! He's explaining ESB in 3 sentences.
    Sounds like some major Tom Foolery, if you ask me.

well when you have members asking dumb questions. what do you get?watch the movies.