View Poll Results: Which video game would you like to see collectibles from?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Halo

16 15.38%
  • Tomb Raider

14 13.46%
  • Doom

9 8.65%
  • Zelda

29 27.88%
  • Alice

6 5.77%
  • Resident Evil

17 16.35%
  • Half-Life

13 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Which video game would you like to see collectibles from?

Star Wars is a given and I know there are action figures out for most of these but what about other types of collectibles? What would you like see made? Any and everything is open for discussion.

Also, if you haven't already, please cast your vote on this poll:

"Would you purchase collectibles from video games?"
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Re: Which video game would you like to see collectibles from?

I chose Half-Life since it's my favorite game out of all listed, however, I am doubtful that I would purchase any kind of collectible from it unless they marketed real plutonium or something BIG like that, but then I probably couldn't afford it. Maybe, if they had a really cool line of action figures (3 3/4" perferably) with all kinds of weapons and removable suits and cool aliens, I might but I really can't imagine what kind of other collectibles they could make from these games besides clothing type ones?
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I beleive there's already action figure lines for all the games listed above except Half Life. I have a Halo2 figure myself, and it's very nice

Out of the games listed I feel there is something missing. I would collect from those I have played and not to be a cheese...I would collect anything that I really liked such as Super Mario Cart or Metroid...even Star Wars Lego released in an individual package form. Bottom line to me is you will always collect what you know and for me none of those on the list make it to my checking account. However...collectibles that have something to do with me have a chance. I played Star Wars Galaxies for 17 months and would have loved to have paid several bills for my own action figure made from my char for me by me. Something easy for those in the online void to fill and make money from, there are only so many different colors to those different armors and clothes and builds to make and then sell them off to me and you...EASY. With online gaming becoming more personal and popular it's only a matter of time before someone sells action figures to the real life person in their real life job...can we get someone to sell us a action figure of our game toon before we have to order our RL char and face reality? Just think about what a good figure in a good game only being made by that toons owner would be like to own. I have several chars from SWG that I would have bought just to burn out of frustration

Resident Evil is pretty much what got me back into playing video games in the '90s, and why I bought my first Playstation. I'd always been a fan of zombie movies, so the idea of a game where you could fight and kill or be killed by zombies, seemed like a winner. I've been addicted to Resident Evil ever since... and have bought some toys made from the first few games.

Would I buy other RE collectables? Maybe. Depends on what and how well made it is.

I agree with Gause. I think the best action figures would be those that are personally made in an online game like SWG. Being able to have an action figure of the character that YOU made is probably one of the coolest things around. I often contemplated resculpting/painting an Aayla Secure figure to match the SWG character I used to have (although having stopped playing, its less likely to happen now).

As or figures based on existing video game characters, that list is already done aside from HL2 (which someone mentioned). If I had to name a video game for which to make figures of, I'd say City of Heroes/City of Villains. They have ALOT of characters already designed, named, and in use in their monthly comic and in the video game itself, including minion robots and such (like the Villain defensive drones and ships or the Heroes drones). Plus it could be a big seller considering there is the "army builder" factor seeing as both sides have a "stormtrooper" that you have to find over and over again. And even better, there are like 5 or 6 different armies to fight with 2-3 variations of each soldier in those armies. For example, there are the zombies and sprockets for the heroes to fight, or the snakes and hero-police for the villains to fight.

If a company was to pick up the idea of figures for the CoH/CoV line, I'd say to make them in the 6" size with multiple points of articulation (without distorting the look of the character). No variations like "jet pack Statesmen" though, as I really hate how that has happened to series' like Batman and whatnot.

As I don't play any of the games listed (an "Other" choice would have been nice to have), so I couldn't even vote.

But here's two game franchises I really like and would most definitely buy toys from:
    Ratchet and Clank
    Jak and Daxter

Those games are popular and have loads of potential. Hell, for those I'd buy mini busts or even bobble heads and other than Star Wars I hate mini busts and bobble heads, so that just goes to show how much I like those two franchises.

Steve if you can add in an "Other" option I'll be glad to go back and vote.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    (an "Other" choice would have been nice to have)
    For sure. I was disappointed not to see it. Some SOCOM figures would be cool, but McFarlane's military something or others will do.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    I beleive there's already action figure lines for all the games listed above except Half Life. I have a Halo2 figure myself, and it's very nice
    Yes, quite a few of those have had some sort of figures from one time or another, they just don't seem to last that long or are popular enough to be well known.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Some of the zombies and aliens from HL and HL2 would be cool. Especially the Zombie that throws the Poisonous Headcrabs at you in HL2 (argh, how i hated those). They could make some cool Combine soldier figures as well.

Another game that could produce some cool figures, I think, would be the WarCraft series.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."