Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The best of 2006?

Well, 2006 looks to be an excellent year for figures that have really needed to be re-sculpted. I admit that my favorite figures have always been the Imperial bad guys from Stormtroopers to AT-AT Drivers, I love the OT Imperials. Highlights from 2006 include:

General Veers
    AT-AT Driver
    Snowtrooper
    Death Star Trooper
    Sandtrooper
    Moff Jerjerrod
    Death Star Gunner

The most important figures in this list for 2006 are of course the real "Army Builders" including AT-AT Driver, Death Star Gunner and Death Star Trooper. These figures have only seen limited releases, most only saw the pegs once and were never heard from again (DST was re-released in a Target sets but at $10.00 a pop).

I am soo glad that Hasbro has decided to give these important figure an update with new sculpts, they are badly needed. Now let's just hope they don't blow it.

So what are you most looking forward to in 2006?
    May the force be with you.

Re: The best of 2006?

Anything OT in perfect in my book. I just hope there is a steady stream of them in the next few years. I just know sooner than later Hasbro is going to pull the plug like Toy Biz did with LOTR. When and if that happens I will go into seclusion and never talk again, until POTF3 comes out and a new life is born.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Sun Fac, Lushros Dofine, Commander Cody, and Utapau Clone Trooper.

I'm looking forward to C-3PO with Battle Droid myself. I plan to build an army of this figure and ease the pain everyone else feels when he pegwarms like a reheated Yak-Faced Neimoidian Rancor Keeper.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'm looking forward to C-3PO with Battle Droid myself. I plan to build an army of this figure and ease the pain everyone else feels when he pegwarms like a reheated Yak-Faced Neimoidian Rancor Keeper.
    That's great Chuxter, we need more "Stupid People" around here like you.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I got the much better figure when it was a deluxe figure (and on sale at KBs for $4 each). I bought 20 of those ones. (Mostly for the Battle droid and droid factory parts.

So I can easily pass on the 2006 Saga version.

I gave away most of the C-3POs to a group I used to belong to. I still probably have 6-7 of them though. Chux, if you need one of those, and yes I realize you were being sarcastic, I'll find it and send it to you. Free of charge. PM me if interested.

-Sal
    Move along, move along

I'm excited about that General Veers with removable armor!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

This is a stupid thread. Until you actually SEE the figures, these are only good in concept. How about waiting before you shoot yourself in the foot?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    This is a stupid thread. Until you actually SEE the figures, these are only good in concept. How about waiting before you shoot yourself in the foot?
    Dale, I don't think it's all that stupid. There are some good new versions coming out and some much desired army builders, whether they are rehashed or not.
    Of the ones originally listed:
    General Veers
    AT-AT Driver
    Snowtrooper
    Death Star Trooper
    Sandtrooper
    Moff Jerjerrod
    Death Star Gunner

I'll probably get one of each of them plus a couple extras depending on sculpt/availability.

Be nice my friend.
    Move along, move along

I am stoke about all these figures coming out. Its like a dream come true that Hasbro has heard the millions cry out.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten