Thumbs up Cool new feature on the R4 -P17. R2's too?

I've thought they should do this for years, but on this new figure, when you rotate the head, the third leg extends and retracts. It's a really good sculpt, too. Anyone know if any of the recent R2-D2's did this?

PS -Anyone know if the R2/ R4 remote control 3 3/4" figures have cords between the remote and the figure or no?
    Last edited by 1138; 11-20-2005 at 10:45 AM. Reason: additional question

Re: Cool new feature on the R4 -P17. R2's too?

SP R4-G9 does it as well, R4-P17 is a repaint of him.

Hey 1138, where have you been. R4-G9 (ROTS Preview figure) was released before ROTS came out and like BD said above R4-P17 is a repaint of him. It's the best Astro mold to date. I don't think they could do much better.

As for the remote Droids they DO NOT have a cord from the remote to the figure. What a great toy!!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    It's the best Astro mold to date. I don't think they could do much better.

I agree about the mold. It's really good. Plus once the leg is retracted or extended the head clicks like on the vintage R2.

The one beef I have with the sculpt is that the wheels are too big. If you stand them w/o the third leg it leans forward precariously.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Ya this is the best Astromech Mold ever!. I think this should be the only one that Hasbro uses from Now on it is sweet!!!.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

This same mold will be used for the Entertainment Earth Astromech set.

Check the legs in the pictures and that will help you identify the ones that use the mold for the R4.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

I wish I could find this wave. There are only a few older left-overs on the pegs right now.
    You may know me as: Chuckles at joecustoms.com, Boshek at sirstevesguide.com and he-man.org and Eaglekiller at allspark.com.

Quote Originally Posted by BoShek
    I wish I could find this wave. There are only a few older left-overs on the pegs right now.
    Sadly, this mould doesn't seem to be part of the plan for the upcoming Artoo figure. It looks like they are recycling that VOTC mould again. Oh, well. That's too bad. They can recycle the Threepio from ROTS as much as they like! That one was PERFECT!!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**