Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeon Flux

Aeon Flux

This movie looks absolutely astounding!!! Charlize Theron man oh man.
    But it seems like this movie is going to capture the spirit of the animated series whole heartedly and then some!!! It seems to me it will have the LOTR equivilent of sci-fi for both quality of content and visuals. I would also like to see a "The Maxx" movie made too.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I may catch it, but I'm not too hyped about it (even with Charlize).
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    But it seems like this movie is going to capture the spirit of the animated series whole heartedly and then some!!!
    I hope not...didn't the main character die all the time?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Too bad they couldn't capture a more faithful version of her costume. Sigh.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I never cared for the cartoon, and I've never been a fan of Charlize, but this looks pretty good. And Ms Theron does look absolutely stunning, rather than the "poor man's Ashley Judd" she normally looks like.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    And Ms Theron does look absolutely stunning, rather than the "poor man's Ashley Judd" she normally looks like.
    Chux, unless the only movie you've seen Charlize in is "Monster," I think you need an eye exam.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Dude, Ashley Judd is smoking. Well, she was before she inexplicably vanished a few years ago, and now she's probably an old fart.

Of course, what do I know? I get into arguments all the time defending the undeniably true fact that Brad Pitt is an idiot for dumbing Jennifer Aniston for Angelina Jolie-Jagger.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I must agree that Ashley Judd is far hotter than Charlize Theron, but purely on aesthetics, Jennifer Aniston is cute but being so thin for so long has made her look saggy and old in her face while Angelina Jolie may be a little odd and have several large ugly tattoos and serious sexual issues concerning bloodplay and knives... wait, where was I going? Oh yeah, but she's hotter than Jen.

As for the movie, it looks like total dung to me since day 1, I liked the shorts and then the show but wasn't a huge fan, but this looked like it had nothing in common with it. I notice nobody has posted here saying they loved it or anything, and the studio pulled critics' screenings which is never a good sign, and all the reviews I had seen before said it was quite bad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, no preview screenings also. Plus I heard on a local review show that they didn't bother doing a panel on it in the NY Times movie section--you know, where they put the listings of the local theaters showing it. Eh, who knows what those movie suits are thinking?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I got dragged to this last night against my will, so I might not be the most objective person to review it but IMO it's pretty lousy.

I hate these kinds of movies... The kind the Matrix seems to have spawned. Where everyone wears tight black outfits and the hero is too cool, emotionless and detached. Movies like Underworld, et (I know a lot of people like Underworld though, but not me). I guess it's in keeping with the source material but it makes for some pretty bad cinema.

I don't get why female protagonists can't have personalities in these movies. It's like they have to over compensate by being too tough. Can't they smile or be a wise a** like Bruce Willis in Die hard every once in a while? It's getting tiresome. Plus, it looks too CGI (Surprise!). And good luck trying to make sense of the plot.

And I'll chime in on the "Charlize/Ashley" debate.

Charlize > Ashley

Sy Snootles lip synchs

Well with Fluke's review, I decided not to see it. It's real cold out and I don't feel like going out anyway.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!