Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

12-inch Schedule

From http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=7407 :

Hasbro Direct showcased the goods at this year's Dallas Import Toy Show held at the Dallas Market Center in Dallas, Texas this weekend. This show offers Hasbro Direct, the entity who produces the 12" line and retailer exclusives and runs on a different marketing and retailing strategy than Hasbro Boys Division (producers of the 3.75 inch line), a chance to preview their offerings to retailers under the Letter of Credit program. The LC program gives retailers the opportunity to order the toys "directly" abroad using an irrevocable letter of credit. The merchandise is then shipped directly to retailers instead of through Hasbro's domestic distribution channels. Here is a summary of the offerings exhibited at this year's show (Unfortunately, photographs are unavailable at this time).

As Episode II: Attack of the Clones merchandise hits store shelves on April 22nd, fans can expect a new level of quality for the Action Collection 12" line. Released under the new blue Star Wars 2002 logo, the basic assortment will have a fresh new design, including a more stylish package similar to what was seen with the 12" Luke and Yoda. The main draw of the new figures though is the use of Real Scan technology for the head sculpts. Capturing the likeness of the characters with much more vivid detail, the use of Real Scan should be more evident with the 12" line. Here are the first 2 waves to be released based on the new film, as well as a special set featuring everyone's favorite Sith Lord and AOTC's bounty hunting baddie:

Wave 1 (March/April)

Anakin Skywalker

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Clonetrooper

Wave 2 (April/May)

Count Dooku

Zam Wessell

Super Battledroid

12" Ultimate Villain 2 Pack: Darth Vader and Jango Fett (April/May)

From what was revealed, the 12" figures bear a striking resemblance to the actors and should please the collector appeal for authenticity and detail. Following the formula of the popular Power of the Jedi 12" Sith Lords 2 Pack, the new Ultimate Villain set bridges the legacy between the original trilogy and Attack of the Clones. Retailers are already praising the set, which sports brand new sculpts and toolings for both characters.
    I think they should have switched Dooku and the Clonetrooper, maybe even Dooku and Jango. I consider Dooku to be more of an "ultimate villain" than Fett.

Hopefully, this means that we'll have pictures in the next few weeks.

Oh, and there's supposedly a TRU exclusive 12" Mace Windu

Here's hoping that Hasbro will release a single version of Jango Fett. I was hoping for something like 100th version Luke with snap on armor, accesories, removeable helmet and the like. Could even come with little Boba Fett actually.

I was hoping for a Padme as well. I guess I am fine with the selection. Surely more will follow.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

COME ON PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!

i'm curious that the body style of these figures wasn't mentioned. hopefully the old gi joe body will finally see retirement. and where's padme? hopefully when/if she is released it won't be on a barbie body.

another darth vader? there will still be the 12 inch ROTJ version 2 pack on the shelves when this one is released. i would of rather seen a mace/jango 2 pack. not that i really want another mace anyway. he is exactly the same as E1.

also, dengar, zucksuss, and another imperial officer will come out in october.

hopefully the clone trooper will be of marmit quality instead of the sub quality stormtrooper hasbro has released the last few years.

This really makes me mad... they keep going against Hasbro's guidelines and posting this stuff. I've known about thess for a long time now. This "working with Hasbro" deal is wearing thin and I should just dump everything I have (meaning pics and info)...

Watch it disappear on Monday.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

sir steve,

are you refering to rebelscum.com? they were at toyfair in dallas, where rebelscum is also located. are they not supposed to discuss what they saw at the event?

if "dump" means post, then do so please.

Originally posted by SirSteve
    This really makes me mad... they keep going against Hasbro's guidelines and posting this stuff. I've known about thess for a long time now. This "working with Hasbro" deal is wearing thin and I should just dump everything I have (meaning pics and info)...

They aren't posting images so they arent really breaking any guidelines,At least they are bring us details on the new product on the long wait to the movie IMO

Lets look at what they posted,the new SW JR. Line,They've already been announced,the classic 12" figures have been announced already,AOTC 12" will have the realscan treatment,we already know that and the 12" AOTC figures are general knowledge(who couldn't see them coming?) plus they reveal no images.
    Last edited by GNT; 01-20-2002 at 09:02 PM.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Originally posted by SirSteve

I would imagine, Sir Steve, that the worst part is that you have had this information and the images thereof for months and been unable to release a bit of it due to your dilligent adherence to the guidlelines put forth by Hasbro, then other sites fly in the face of those guidelines, YET it seems only a week or two later, the very images and information that they released outside of said guidelines is OFFICIALLY released on the Star Wars site!

What I am getting at is that Sir Steve has been slavishly loyal to Hasbro while other sites "scoop" this one (as they have NOTHING to loose, a point I've made before), then within two to ten days of these "scoops", the Official Star Wars site releases the very information and images that were disallowed on this site (and others that adhere to the rules)! So Sir Steve's frustration must be further magnified by the fact that, in all likelyhood, everything that he cannot share regarding the 12" line will appear on the official site sometime next week (revelaed to us via a link from this site, the very one not allowed to show such images today). Mark my words, this seems to be the trend.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Originally posted by GNT
    They aren't posting images so they arent really breaking any guidelines,At least they are bring us details on the new product on the long wait to the movie IMO
    According to what Sir Steve has said in the past, Hasbro doesn't even want people posting information about the figures. I imagine Steve must be suffering with all the information that he has about the figures, and having to keep it a secret. And then to have all the other sites break the media blackout on the toys. Hopefully his respect of Hasbro's wishes means that he will get some good treatment at Toy Fair in febuary.

But I agree Sir Steve, if all these other sites are just gonna continue to post the info, I think you are justified with doing the same. Whatever you decide to do, I think Hasbro should definatly allow you some exclusive pictures or info that others sites havent broken the news on yet.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Give into your anger and post all you have. Only Hasbro and Lucasfilm can stop you now.
    Do or do not. There is no try.