Took me a while to notice- 5-Pack Variations!

I just noticed this past weekend that the X-Wing packed in the Titanium 5-Pack number 2 with the Raw Metal TIE Bomber has Red 3 markings- NOT Red 5 like the Wave 1 version.

Also, my Slave 1 has a small paint square missing on the left side. I would call this a defect rather than a variation, however.

Anyone else notice any different paint jobs (aside from the obvious re-colors?)

I'll get the first 5-Pack with the AT-RT as soon as I have the funds

Oh yeah- I have heard about cockpit variants for the Jedi Starfighters in the 5-Packs versus the Wave 2 version. What's the deal there?

Well...

I opened my Titaniums and have now sorted through a GOB of them and it's VARIATION TIME! Here's the definitive list- minus the obvious Date Stamps from the Galoob Line and such I am also making this list for those that are curious about the ships as compared to the old Die-Cast line.

If I miss anything, let me know This will be ordered for the Titanium Series in their respective wave- the Galoob counterparts (if any) will be mentioned

The paint lines at the end of the variations refer to the words "Star Wars" on the stands- either Rainbow Silver, Silver or None.

Wave 1:

(1) X-Wing Fighter

-Titanium Single Pack Edition has Red 5 Markings- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Titanium 5-Pack Edition has Red 3 Markings- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Galoob one has lighter paint colors and Red 5 Markings- Blue Stand Silver Paint

(2) TIE Fighter

-Titanium Single Pack Edition has darker paint and a different color on the windows than the Galoob edition- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Galoob one has lighter paint- esp. on Windows- Blue Stand Silver Paint

(3) Millenium Falcon

-Titanium Single Pack Edition has darker paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Galoob one has lighter paint- Blue Stand Silver Paint

(4) Slave 1

-Titanium Single Pack Edition has Clear Window- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Titanium 5-Pack Edition has DARK Tinted Window (distinctly different)- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Galoob one has Clear Window and lighter paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

(5) Gold Leader (SPECIAL EDITION SHIP)

-Bagged Special Edition from Indianapolis Celebration III Convention with Gold Paint, Celebration III markings (Indianapolis 2005) Clear Lasers and Clear Landing Gear.
    -??? Rumored version without Celebration III Markings

Wave 2

(6) Anakin's Jedi Starfighter

-Titanium Single Pack Edition has Clear Window and Black Laser Cannons- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Titanium 5-Pack Edition has DARK Tinted Window and Brown Laser Cannons (distinctly different)- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(7) Republic Gunship

-Titanium Single Pack Edition has Red Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Titanium 5-Pack Edition has Green Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(8) Droid Tri-Figher

-Titanium Single Pack Edition is identical to 5-Pack- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Titanium 5-Pack Edition is identical to Single Pack- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(9) AT-RT

-Titanium Single Pack Edition is Color Painted
    -Titanium 5-Pack Edition is Silver

(10) A-Wing Fighter

-Titanium Single Pack Edition- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Galoob one has lighter paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

(11) Snowspeeder

(12) Star Destroyer

-Galoob one has lighter paint- Blue Stand Silver Paint

(13) Y-Wing

Wave 3

(14) Naboo Starfighter

-No Variations yet

(15) ARC-170

-Titanium 5-Pack Edition has Blue Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(16) Swamp Speeder

-Titanium 5-Pack Edition has Green Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(17) TIE Bomber

-Titanium Single Pack Edition has Clear Window- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint
    -Titanium 5-Pack Edition is Silver- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(18) LandSpeeder

-Galoob one has lighter paint- NO Stand

EXCLUSIVE TO 5 PACKS:

(19) Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter

-Titanium 5-Pack Edition has Red Paint, Clear Canopy and Black Guns- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

GALOOB MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WERE MADE IN DIE-CAST METAL BUT HAVE NOT BEEN REMADE OR HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED AS JOINING THE "TITANIUM SERIES " LINE (as of 12/5/05):

(20) Sith Infiltrator
    (21) Sebulba's Pod Racer
    (22) AAT Trade Federation Tank
    (23) Republic Cruiser (Red Diplomatic- from Episode 1)
    (24) Trade Federation Droid Control Ship
    (25) Executor Star Destroyer (with scale Star Destroyer attached)
    (26) Jawa Sandcrawler

GALOOB MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WERE MADE IN DIE-CAST THAT WILL BE REMADE OR HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED AS JOINING THE "TITANIUM SERIES" LINE (aka REPAINTS or REISSUES) :

(27) Droid Fighter (Announced as Vulture Droid)
    (28) Naboo Royal Starship
    (29) Battle-Ravaged Millennium Falcon
    (30) Death Star I
    (31) Jango Fett's Slave I
    (32) WHITE Treasure Hunt TIE Fighter

GALOOB MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WERE MADE EXCLUSIVELY IN PLASTIC THAT WILL BE REMADE OR HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED AS JOINING THE "TITANIUM SERIES:"

(33) Imperial Shuttle (hopefully with better wings)
    (34) Darth Vader's TIE Fighter

GALOOB MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WERE MADE EXCLUSIVELY IN PLASTIC THAT HAVE NOT BEEN REMADE OR ANNOUNCED:

(35) AT-AT Walker

HASBRO MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WILL BE MADE IN DIE-CAST OR HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED AS JOINING THE "TITANIUM SERIES" LINE:

(36) Jedi Attack Cruiser
    (37) Clone Turbo Tank
    (38) Wookie Flyer
    (39) Speeder Bike with Pilot* (not counting as Galoob Mold- I don't know if it will be their mold or a larger scale one)
    (40) Jedi Starfighter II (Green Version)

So, in the end, we have a LOT to look forward to- and a lot already behind us

Here's hoping for a Titanium Series Die-Cast B-Wing, V-Wing, AT-ST or even a Rebel Transport in our futures!

Thanks for that Warstar.

I really want to see a repainted Droid Control Ship in Confederacy colours from ROTS, and a rehash of the Sith Infiltrator and Republic Cruiser is much neeeded.

Would love to see a V-Wing, not sure I can see that happening though.
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish

You're welcome :-)

It was a lot of work but I was tired of wondering about the variations so I made the list there.

It would be cool to see a Droid Control ship in the Confederacy color scheme, that's for sure! Otherwise I bet Hasbro would just use the same paint scheme on the Republic Cruiser or Sith Infiltrator. I noticed that they are not doing any markedly improved paint jobs on the old rehash vehicles (i.e. Y-Wing, A-Wing, etc.), just using darker paint. Then again, it could look darker because of the age of my Galoob ships. Only the TIE Fighter has anything that's different (on the windows).

I would also like to see (against all better judgement) a Dooku Solar Sailor. An AT-TE would be also nice, along with maybe a Hailfire Droid or some more AOTC stuff (since that movie only has ONE mold for it made- the Republic Gunship- and it's in ROTS too!) Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter from AOTC would be nice as well- esp. since we're getting a Jango Fett's Slave 1

And Hasbro- if you're reading this- we do pay attention to variations.

Argh!

Missed one! Add it to this section:

GALOOB MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WERE MADE IN DIE-CAST METAL BUT HAVE NOT BEEN REMADE OR HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED AS JOINING THE "TITANIUM SERIES " LINE (as of 12/6/05):

(41) Gian Speeder

Easy to forget I s'pose

JT tells me they proto'd Anakin's Podracer, the Gungan Sub, and the Trade Federation Landing Craft, too, but they never saw the light of day...or Die-Cast- I guess. So, who knows?

They could easily rerelease the AF Solar Sailer as a Titanium die-cast, it's already at that scale.

You also forgot about the B-Wing as that was released in the Target micro line.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Good call Basker, the B-wing was a rare X-ray back in its original form, never saw a DC release and the Micro Collection one is only plastic.

I have a photo of the wave 3 Ep 1 DC prototypes on SSG *somewhere*, it shows 'em all, the Naboo Fighter, Ani's Podracer, the Trade Fed Landing craft, and the Gungan Speeder, so hopefully those last 3 get released as they looked pretty good.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow-

The B-Wing was an X-Ray? I didn't know that! I only ever got the JC Penney pack in the X-Rays back in the day...

And LT- I didn't even think to look at the new Micro Line. There's some possibilities there, to be certain. Maybe Hasbro wanted to use the Target Micro line in plastic to gauge what to make in the wide-spread Titaniums line?

Huh.

Well, there are some more ships to add there, for sure

Did someone say "B-wing"?

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

Well chaps, I got lucky with a few auctions on ebay, was a UK seller shifting a Sith Infiltrator, Republic Cruiser, TF Tank and TF Droid Fighter. Got them all for around 25. Job done! Couple that to the TF Control ship I got a few weeks back and I'm all caught up with the ones I was after!

Would still like to see them re-released for the Titanium line up though.
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish