Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mr T as your talking nav system

Turn left in 500 feet... fool!

That's a really funny idea, though hopefully they'll be able to turn the voice off and go with a normal one when that gets annoying (and I'm quite sure that it will get annoying ). Burt Reynolds and Dennis Hopper are also funny voices for this, but Mr T is the funniest by far.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Would be a great idead for advertising your resterunt...

I pity the fool who dont eat at Grovers Inland Seafood in three miles.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

You've all got it wrong! There's no "L" in "foo" as spoken by Mr T!

This may be the single coolest invention ever. Period. End of story, give that man the medal right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T Navigation System
    Hush dat jibba-jabba, foo! Turn left in 500 feet, turkey!
    Who else would be good for this type of system? Vader, animated Grievous, Yoda, and Charlotte come immediately to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Navigation System
    Turn right at the stop sign. Good, good. Everything is proceeding according to plan. Those pedestrians--wipe them out. All of them. No, no, NOOOO!!! Do not turn left again!!
    How about Alf, ET, Eric Cartman, Ling Ling, Gob Bluth, Monty Burns, or the ever-popular trio of Tonto, Tarzan, and Frankenstein?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Respect my authorit-i and turn right b**ch.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    You've all got it wrong! There's no "L" in "foo" as spoken by Mr T!
    Actually, as an owner of the unfortunately-named "Mr T in your pocket" (the licensed electronic device with 6 buttons that utter T's voice saying 6 different trademark sayings), the packaging says "fool" and his voice actually does too (he says "I pity the fool!" and "Shut up, fool!" on it).

Who else would be good for this type of system? Vader, animated Grievous, Yoda, and Charlotte come immediately to mind.
    I'm picturing Yoda's directions... "In 500 feet, turn left you will! Mm, eh heh heh heh! In 200 feet, cross railroad tracks you must - do or do not, there is no train."

How about Alf, ET, Eric Cartman, Ling Ling, Gob Bluth, Monty Burns, or the ever-popular trio of Tonto, Tarzan, and Frankenstein?
    I like the idea of South Park's Timmy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

this is like the NYC taxi cab celebrity seat belt endorsement taken to the most extreme level possible...

the best possible voice for your navigation system would have to be mr. william "K.I.T.T." Daniels.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn
    the best possible voice for your navigation system would have to be mr. william "K.I.T.T." Daniels.
    What about KARR?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    How about Frankenstein?
    But it would only say,"FIRE! BAD!"

I want a Kit Fisto nav system. It doesn't tell you how to get there, it just keeps smiling as long as you're going the right way.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds
    What about KARR?
    well, that's a whole different thing, because with peter cullen you get a two-fer: switch back and forth between KARR and OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!

THAT would be the ultimate navigation voice. i rescind my original statement. in fact, ANY transformers would make perfect nav voices. soundwave would be awesome, even though he wasn't a car. i wouldn't care - that voice rocks.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope