Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Pictures of the Hoth wave.

Not to have billing for another site, but rebelscum has posted carded and loose pictures of the Hoth wave. I will totally buy Veers, Derlin, R2, AT-AT Driver, and the power droid (which comes with a pack-in treadwell droid as seen on top of the Falcon no less).

I think everyone will be REALLY excited about the Veers. He is a neutral pose, wearing his Imperial outfit (and hat), then comes with snap-on armor and a helmet. It is EXACTLY what Hasbro should have done. (Did I just actually type that sentence?)

I really, really hope that Jerjerrod, Hem Dazon, Chief Chirpa, R5-D4, and Cody are confirmed soon and are done with the same level of quality as Veers.

Actually they aren't loose pictures, they're just the promo pictures we've been looking at for awhile.

Veers looks pretty nice, I'll definitely be buying him. Looks like the AT-AT Commander helmet fits over his hat.

Derlin looks pretty good, though his head looks real small.

The AT-AT Driver I'm very impressed with, will definitely be buying that.

R2 is a huge disappointment as I was really looking forward to the R4 body being used. However, it appears that it's the VOTC R2 (you can see the outline of the removeable panel) with the field equipment from the TRU Dagobah X-Wing. I'm sure alot of people will be displeased with paying $10 for this last year and now it's half the price with more accessories. Not to mention the chrome dome is annoying and the R4 mold is far superior.

The Snowtrooper looks good, I'll be buying a few of him. His background is especially nice.

Riekan is...just as disappointing as last time, and the blaster they included with him is the tiny ease-to-lose blaster that came with the POTJ Rebel Trooper, not the larger one that came with the Yavin IV figures.

Vader seems a bit different than the ROTS/VOTC/Evolution sculpts, but that's possibly just me. I think I'm mostly being thrown off by the horribly proportioned background.

The Power Droid I'm glad has his hat as removeable and comes with a bonus droid, but it looks like they kept the walking mechanism (even though it was pointless the first time?) and we'll have trouble with his legs. Looks like he also comes with an alternate "hat." Sure is accessorized for a power droid.

Overall, I'm waiting to be wowed by the production outcome of this line.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Wow!! I'm am totally in love with the cards for these. They look just as good as the OTC ones. This is the kind of thing that keeps me going is when I turn the corner in a store and see a nice looking figure chillin' on the shelves.

I love the way all of these look on the card and how the card kinda interacts with the figure (the most notable being the R2) and how bright they are.

I too noticed that we get not one, not two, but actually THREE different droids that you can make (the power droids stalks come off to make a regular gonk droid) for the price of one. Can't go wrong with that.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Awesome wave I must say. The only screw up is the R2. I can't believe they used the VOTC mold again! I love the rest of them though! The cards are a huge selling point for me, so hats off to you hasbro, but you still suck.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I really like the look of this wave. The paint aps look great! I think I may get R2 even though it's the VOTC one. Vader is the 500th figure repacked, which is why he doesn't look like the ones you mentioned. All the extra accessories with the Power Droid are great (even if the service droid is just a rehash . . . it's a good rehash).

This line is killer!

Nice Pics, Can't wait for Veers, Derlin, Power Droid, At-At Driver, & Snowtrooper. The rest will be decided upon after seeing them in person, just like the first wave. (1,2,3) were the only ones from that wave I picked up the re-hashes can sit for all I care.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    Not to have billing for another site, but rebelscum has posted carded and loose pictures of the Hoth wave. I will totally buy Veers, Derlin, R2, AT-AT Driver, and the power droid (which comes with a pack-in treadwell droid as seen on top of the Falcon no less).

I think everyone will be REALLY excited about the Veers. He is a neutral pose, wearing his Imperial outfit (and hat), then comes with snap-on armor and a helmet. It is EXACTLY what Hasbro should have done. (Did I just actually type that sentence?)

I really, really hope that Jerjerrod, Hem Dazon, Chief Chirpa, R5-D4, and Cody are confirmed soon and are done with the same level of quality as Veers.
    You are right about Veers Droid. I have been waiting for this figure it seems all my collecting life. My favorite Star Wars character of all time (Sorry AT-AT Commander is NOT Veers!!!!!) The only thing more perfect about this package is getting him with a Holo Vader (the only time we see Vader in Holo) I will be looking for such a one. Veers will be displayed loose with Holo Vader too. Veers, Veers, Veers, I love you General Veers. The perfect soldier of the Empire. You didn't get choked by Vader because you kicked ***! Even making excuses for Admiral Ozzel imbacile. You should have been made a long time ago. But not too long ago or we wouldn't be getting such an excellent figure. And what better sidekick then an excellent sculpt of an AT-AT Driver. From the looks of both of these figures the former POTF2's pale in comparison.

I am very happy with Veers and the At-At Driver - love the wave, but these are the standouts for me....the facial likenes on Veers seems much more accurate in the carded pic than the loose proto previously shown.....can't wait!
    Real men buy Willrow

It's great seeing the carded pics -- those photos of loose prototype figures that we're shown are misleading. In most cases we never really know what we're getting until we see them in stores.

Veers looks super. it's a little weird that the helmet fits over his hat, but I'm happy that we have a choice. The removable armor is another great choice. Nice to see that he comes with a holster also.

Bren Derlin looks good, not as good as the loose prototype, but still good. A nice neutral figure with decent detail.

The new AT-AT driver is about a million times nicer than the old POTF2 driver (well OK, not a million) and I can see this one selling really well. Nice articulation -- the knees bend, etc. -- good stuff!

R2-D2 is what it is. It's nice, but I don't need another. I wish that they'd recarded K-3PO instead.

The Snowtrooper is a cool "fixed" version of the lame Saga Snowtrooper. Would have been waaaay better to have a version with some knee/elbow articulation, but this will do for now.

I thought the Rieekan figure was really decent, and I can see wanting him on a basic card. That blaster is weirdly small though.

Vader... hmmm. Well, the kids love Vader.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    The Power Droid I'm glad has his hat as removeable and comes with a bonus droid, but it looks like they kept the walking mechanism (even though it was pointless the first time?) and we'll have trouble with his legs.
    I was really looking forward to this one, and it's great to see that it comes with a Treadwell droid, but I'm going to be extremely unhappy if the button gimmick works just like the POTF2 Gonk. Not being able to stand up is a huge problem -- suppose we'll have to wait and see.

This is a great wave and shows the potential Hasbro has to make good stuff. I just hope they continue with waves like this and keep going foward with the stuff we have been requesting for the last 5 years or so.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten