Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Question Celebration IV and Beyond ??????

Now that the Saga is complete (well at least in some people's minds) and the movies are over do you think there will be a Celebration IV ? I mean if you think about it, Celebration I was for The Phantom Menace, Celebration II was for Attack of the Clones, and Celebration III was for Revenge of the Sith.

I think there should be a Celebration IV that covers all six movies and maybe wets our appetites for the upcoming TV series. Since Hasbro has the license until 2018, and Sideshow aquired the license for the 12", and new product seems to be coming from all directions, it would be easy to have an area for showcasing new merchandise.

Plus it is also a great way for fans to meet and greet, clubs to recruit new members and just an excuse to get out and have a great time celebrating the saga we all grew up with.

So would anyone be interested in attending a Celebration IV ? Does anyone know if there will ever be another one ?
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Not to rain on yer parade at all DA but someone already started a thread about wanting C IV.

Link.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Another Star Wars Celebration is a MUST! I would sign up today if they if I could. But really, theres plenty of reasons to hold another.

1. To Celebrate Star Wars.
    2. 2007 will be the 30th Anniversary of A New Hope.
    3. There will be a LOT of buzz around the upcoming television series by then.
    4. Weather (haha) you were wet most of the time (as I was) or dry, CIII was a big success. No reason to stop there.
    5. OfficialPix can concentrate on getting more and bigger SW headliners like Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Hayden Christensen, Christopher Lee, Anthony Daniels, Jimmy Smitts (asuming hes not too busy w/ The West Wing) and other supprises.

Suggestions:

1. Have a seperate room JUST for selling an exclusive action figure ONLY! The main reason the CIII Store was such a disaster was that greedy scalpers clog the line just to get the damn figure! I only wanted a tshirt at the least.
    2. Yes another Store one. It was only half open the whole time. Employees just stoood around chattin instead of helping customers. Another reason it took forever to get through the line.
    3. Get a bigger venue. The Indianapolis Convention Center was HUGE, but not big enough to contain Star Wars and a lot of its fans for a weekend.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I think upon pre-registering you should be able to order the exclusive figure and have it shipped to your house, this way you can enjoy the convention and not have to wait on line for hours to get squat.

Also since now that all the movies have been made, instead of one figure perhaps a box set, a character from each of the films, perhaps never made before versions. Or 6 different figures available for purchase.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Don't let GenCon organize/run the event. Hire someone who knows what they're doing.

The Indy Convention Center is being expanded, but that phase of expansion won't start until '08. Indy is losing other conventions because of the facilities.

Does anyone know how to run a Convention? The SDCC is always a pain in the rear to get in even if you have pre bought your tickets and the people standing around in red shirts do just that, stand around looking stupid and have no clue where anything is. I asked one of them where something was and they had to go ask someone else. They either did that or just plain old said I don't know. Why are they there? I know, to see if anyone is sneaking in. It all about $ with no service.

They can stick C4 where the sun don't shine. It's a big waste of time and It's easier to buy the figures in the comfort of my our home.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

In that case I'll miss ya Turbo!

I'd still go even if GenCon does it again. But I'll pray in the mean time.

A friend of mine who is a Hyperspace member was online and saw that Star Wars.com will be making several exciting announcements this year such as the television shows, another celebration, and a few other WHAT? Another Celebration????
    Last edited by Jayspawn; 01-07-2006 at 09:40 PM.

Yeah and I hear the famous LINE RIDE will be there again!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I want my picture taken of me enjoying the line ride!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.