Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Celebration 4 Suggestions? (merged)

This might be a little bit premature but I would like to hear some ideas on how the organizers of a theoretical C4 could make things better.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Selling of merchandise: It would be nice if you could pre-order online if you are a fan club member. Then, you can have your choice of either picking up there (online prepay) or having it shipped to you (instead of carrying this stuff around all day).
    2. The full detail of lectures ahead of time. I always find out about who and what is speaking and at what time when I first arrive.
    3. I would like to see an offer of either DVD or online webcasts of entire presentations that I couldn't make. It would have been awesome to have seen the collector panels or the initial parade.....

So, what are other ideas?

If they have one, it will commemorate the SW television premiere.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    If they have one, it will commemorate the SW television premiere.
    Well, in a year and a half it'll be SW's 30th anniversary, that'd be a good reason to have a SW celebration.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That would also be, according to LFL, about the time of the debut of the cartoon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Provided Lucas actually gets it done. I wouldn't count on it. Plus, I wouldn't count on Lucas putting out a convention to celebrate a cartoon nobody had seen at the time.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree with the suggestions Sentinel. Much of my Celebration III was spent waiting in lines and that was quite a drag. It meant that many of the other attractions had to be sacrificed in order to wait six hours in line for stupid action figures. I never got to saw the one-man show and rushed through several of the exhibits because of a tight schedule. Many other people felt the same way.

The distribution of the figures was too time consuming. I appreciate the fact that they had multiple lines, but they should have had separate lines for fans buying just the figures. That would have sped things up a bit. Also, hire professionals who could zip people through the lines. It seemed that volunteers or temps made up most of the CIII store staff. The whole going in the back to retrieve the merchandise was also a time killer.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I suggest I make it there if thye have one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I like Indianapolis for the convention. We have Comic Con in San Diego, plus I'd like an excuse to go and see Brandy again

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    I like Indianapolis for the convention. We have Comic Con in San Diego, plus I'd like an excuse to go and see Brandy again
    That would be funny if we all went back there a year or two from now, and she still worked there!
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"What happens in Indy STAYS in Indy!".[/FONT]
    [FONT=ComicSansMS]"The only thing you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you".[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by The 'Xir
    That would be funny if we all went back there a year or two from now, and she still worked there!
    I don't know 'Xir, what does that say about her though . . . ?
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"