Hybrid View

RIP, John Lennon

Today marks the 25th anniversary of the murder of John Lennon outside his home in NYC. Sadly, I'm nowhere near Strawberry Fields, but my buddy and I plan to meet up tomorrow night after work (11ish), drink some wine out on the porch, listen to the Beatles/John's solo work and watch the snow fall. Still a shame. Granted, i'm only 23, but the Beatles were one of the first musicians that i ever listened to as a child (thanks to the folks.)

RIP, John.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

i have never been a fan of the beatles or lennon's music but it is sad that he was killed in such a meaningless way. regardless of what i think of it, his music, both within the beatles and his solo work, gave pleasure to millions of people and he wasn't afraid to give an opinion. a sad loss.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Man... I remember when this happened. I was stunned.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

John will always be my favorite artist.

I caught a program a couple of weeks ago about Mark David Chapman. Boy, was that guy nuts!!!! He is up for parole again soon. I hope they don't release him (for everyone's sake...I wouldn't feel safe if I were Ringo or Paul).

I am thinking about having a moment of silence in my classes today, but I suspect that half of my class (mostly college freshman) don't even know who John Lennon is. It is a shame.

Yep, bad day for music. Especially with what happened on this day last year.

I should put on some Paperback Writer, my favorite for a few reasons.
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 12-08-2005 at 10:46 AM.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

He will always be remembered as the man who inspired a generation and generations to come. I dont think any artist will be able to fill this mans shoes. He brilliance and imagination are indescribleable. The Beatles were the greatest rock n roll group of all time and John was the best out of the four. I dont think I'll be able to handle it when Paul goes for he was second only to John. RIP John. You will never be forgoten.