Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It looks like there is a gap in the land during the "twin sunset" scene.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I'm sorry but I have to ask: Does it REALLY matter?
    Got to agree here

Although as someone said there probably is a back door or something? Either that or its broken down and will not work!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

Interesting question. And no, it doesn't really matter. But I like the back door idea.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Hey you can't fault a guy for being curious, eh?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Talking Open the floodgates!

Remember how depressed Luke was? And knowing he's been reckless with his flying? Well, Uncle Owen had to teach him a lesson so he sealed up his T-16 in a garage with no doors! That way, Luke could always be aware of how his mistakes are bad. Or, Ben told his brother Owen to make Luke use his latent Force abilities by trapping the ships/speeders in such a place.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Okay, I've thought about it and here's my theory. Since the design of the Skyhopper was never actually seen in the movie, except in toy form (and we're never actually told that it is a Skyhopper) then maybe ol'George let the matte painting slide since no one in the audience was to supposed to know that's what was in the doorway, it could've been a hot water heater for all we knew. It wasn't until the Skyhopper model was seen close-up that people recognized the shape.

Keep in mind back in 1976 ol'George was spending most of his time fighting with the studio to keep them from pulling the plug. So you're going to tell me a minor detail like that should have been utmost in his mind?

Yes.

And it does matter. To me. And I want to know.... NOW!

It matters to me, I'm curious about such things.

Barada, it's not a matte painting, it's an actual set piece, and it clearly corresponds to the model that Luke's playing with in shape and designs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

When I first watched the movie I never even noticed the Skyhopper in the background. In fact I thought it was a SE addition! I've always just paid more attention to the characters acting out the scenes.

The only logical explanation I can come up with, since you MUST have one, is that maybe the main doors have been buried by a recent sandstorm. In which case they'd have to be built flat with the ground. Crappy explanation but it's all I can come up with right now. Give me a couple of days to think it over.