View Poll Results: The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight Two!!!

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sebulba drills it to the competition!

44 61.11%
  • Anakin made the fastest racer ever built!

28 38.89%

The SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Round 1 - Fight 2!

Friday Night is FIGHT NIGHT in The SSG Battle of the Machines!

In tonight's exciting contest it's The Cheater versus The Challenger in a rematch of the Boonta Classic!

"That's absolutely right and today we're seeing a great turnout from all corners of the galaxy!"

There's Sebulba's Pod Racer, a champion toy in its own right. Sebulba's racer features authenticly styled engines, an exclusive Sebulba racer figure, and a special surprise: a pop-open secret pannel that conceals a spinning blade that can cut its way through any competition!

And a great challenging entry: young Anakin Skywalker's Pod Racer - supposedly the fastest ever built! It features movie accurate styling, adjustable breaking flaps on the pod itself, an exclusive racing figure of Anakin Skywalker, and special remote-activated, blast-open directional vanes!

Choose the modern toy that you liked the most and keep coming back to see if your craft can make it to the next round!

LET THE RACE BEGIN!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails anakin vs sebulba.jpg  

Gotta go with Sebulba's Racer. I thought in the movie it was a much more intresting vehicle then Anakin's pod. And as a toy, it's also better then the toy equivelent to the Anakin Pod Racer. The detailing, paint, and decals as well as the play features make Sebulba's the clear winner here.

Infact I picked up the Sebulba's Racer about a year ago, but still haven't picked up the Anakin one yet. I'll probably grab it next month from Toys R Us, where they still have quite a few of them. They are both nicely scaled to the figures, even though they are not perfect scale wise. They are both great, but Sebulba's is the victor.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thumbs down Who gives a flying...

Sorry Tycho. I have to give this matchup the thumbs down. These were both two toys that rightfully so ended up as major shelfwarmers. It took a major price drop just so TRU could clear up the shelf space for the hundreds of $80 dewbacks they also couldn't clear out.

I really like collecting all the 3 3/4" scale stuff, especially the ships. However, these two just didn't interest me at all. Not even when they ended up going for $5 a pop. They're bulky, awkward and very lackluster. My son bought the Sebulba one with his allowance and he never touches it

Picking a winner for this matchup is like deciding who's the better singer, Pia Zadora or Linda McCartney...Who cares, they're both horrible!

However, if you tied me to a tree and threatened me with either making a choice or watching the Super Bowl pre-game show, I would have to pick the Anakin set. The only reason I would give that one the edge is due to the podracer Anakin figure which we never had made on a card (not that anyone was busting down Hasbro's door to get it done). Since we eventually got a good loose Sebulba, the podracer Anakin gives that one the slimmest of edges for my vote.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Mandalorian, I agree with you about the "excitement lacking" in this match - when compared to some of the others I have planned!

(Wait until Next Week! You're going to like the fight we have in store!)

But meanwhile, I picked all the first matches for like 32 vehicles (including some I'm waiting to still be released - hint ; )

So for now, I alternate matches I think might be boring, with those that I know are going to be a hit.

We'll keep most ships in their "weight class" for the first two rounds, but do some memorable "movie matches" when appropriate. Since the X-wing basically won last week, for example, it will keep going for the title in the starfighter class before it gets pitted against some of the larger or smaller vehicles that might also be winning.

All's not fair in warfare, but I'm doing my best to even the odds on the battlefield so we can truly discuss the vehicles.

On that point, I liked the pod racers for original sculpt reasons, versus actual playability. Neither of the action figures really "did it for me," as an Anakin with removeable helmet and a Sebulba just like the POTJ one would have been top-quality. But Sebulba's racer, with a hidden weapon feature and those awesome x-engines got my vote - for the toy's aesthetics basically. Anakin's is easier to hold and handle though. It feels like an arcade game-style weapon handle since it operates a motion-feature on both sides of the craft, but they're just brake pedals when it comes down to it. The Cheater and his toy takes my vote. Let's see how far he can get with it....

This race isn't over yet!

I voted for Sebulba's Podracer, but I based my vote on the figures. Sebulba can be used outside the pod, whereas Anakin is locked into his scarecrow pose!

Exclamation Sebulba all the way!!!

Anakin has the Force, true, but Sebulba is unbeatable.
    "Impossible is what Rogues do best."
    -Corran Horn

Both were designed pretty sloppily, but even though Anakin's was closer to scale, I voted for Sebulba's because it wasn't quite as sloppy as Anakin's and had a better gimmick.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Sebulba all the way.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."