the RIGHT answer to an old ?...re:red six

I had asked a question a while back. In ANH why does someone address red six AFTER he has died? (For those who do not remember, red six was Jek Porkins.) Well, many answered me with, "Well battles are crazy and hectic and confusing. The pilot who addressed him did not know he was dead."

I happened to look on www.starwars.com and found the answer. I was just browsing around getting more information on porkins. Here is the correct answer...

This is from starwars.com, all rights reserved.

The original script identified Porkins as Blue Four. When the color schemes were changed from Blue to Red, Porkins remained number "Four" up until shooting. He was then re-identified as Red Six, and John D. became Red Four. This last minute change may explain why a fellow pilot can be heard asking for Red Six after Porkins has already died.
    B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

The "battles are crazy and hectic and confusing and the pilot who addressed him did not know he was dead" and the "original script identified Porkins as Blue Four and there was last minute change" are both plausible answers just depending on which view point you wish to take. If you are just viewing Stars Wars as a movie to watch and nothing more, then the technical flub with the scripts is probably right on the money with what actually happened. If you trying to look at it and explain it from the view point of an actual character that exists in the Star Wars Universe though then the "battle being confusing" seems like a plausible and reasonable answer as well.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Okay. I can accept that. I just wanted to inform those who answered. Now they will know the "technical" reason behind the line in ANH.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.