Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Fan's Choice Back On????!!!!!!!

According to the new ToyFare magazine (#102):

For years, Hasbro has been asking fans what they want to see in the Star Wars lines through their "Fan's Choice polls", resulting in such great figures as Jan Dodonna, Ellorrs Madak, and Ephant Mon. but now, to shake things up a little bit, Hasbro has asked ToyFare to get involved, and we've got some big ideas. Instead of giving you five characters to choose from, we're giving you the whole universe! That's right, we're going to let you choose any Star Wars character from any of the Star Wars films, cartoons, books or comics to be made into a 3 3/4 inch Hasbro toy! First-round voting begins December 14 and ends on January 14, so be sure to go to www.wizarduniverse.com to place your vote! This is the poll you're looking for!

So, unless this is a huge rouse, which it could be....looks like this should be mighty interesting. So all you pollsters and politicians, it's time to start pushing for your candidate to get made into plastic! I think we should all think of the figures that have little to no chance of ever being made and push for them. For me, I'm thinking of unique side characters, not imperial/rebel leaders or pilots, but some person that is just random.....this might be your chance for the Ice Cream guy in Bespin!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel18725
    this might be your chance for the Ice Cream guy in Bespin!!!!!
    Or we'll end up with a come from behind win by Snow Bunny Padme.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

There are so many figures that will probably never get made that I don't think we have to reach as far into the closet as the Ice Cream Maker Guy. I hope that we as collectors would be a little more sensible than that. I think what I will do if I don't think of one myself, is wait and see if a sensible one emerges on the poll with a chance to win and vote for that one.

I don't care too much as long as the character isn't EU. I am sure that I am going to vote for YARNA.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I personally would like to have something from the OT but I do see this as a unique opportunity to get more things produced. If we petition for EU characters, maybe Hasbro would see that there truly is a market for charactersfrom these sources.

YARNA all the way Guys!!! It's a no brainer!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

any creature or podracer. i know i'm already buying it to go with my other fans choices.

Which one is Yarna again?

I would love an Alien from OT of almost any kind
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by Amanamatt
    Which one is Yarna again?

I would love an Alien from OT of almost any kind
    WHAT?! Ok. She is the white big lady six breasted dancer from ROTJ (non-SE version). I have wanted a figure of yarna for a very long time!

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.