Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wave 2 Officially Revealed

Check out the latest news article:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32053
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

I still think most of these suck, but that Maul/Infiltrator looks sweet. I may have to make an exception and actually buy it if it looks as good in person.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I reported this a few weeks ago...

Anyway, I don't think this line warrants it's own section in the forums. It seems really limited.

So far it doesn't seemed to be too well received by the majority of either SW fans or Transformer fans. Sure some of the characters look okay, and of course there will be the die-hards on both sides of the collecting fence who will buy these. But I really don't think this line is going to last more than a year or two.

I think the only way it will is if they are either produced in limited numbers OR scalpers buy them up. I just don't think there's enough fans between both sides to carry the line.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    I think the only way it will is if they are either produced in limited numbers OR scalpers buy them up. I just don't think there's enough fans between both sides to carry the line.
    Yes sir, you are correct sir.

I do agree Chux, the Maul/Infiltrator does look sweet.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

It's a quaint line but I consider it to be a bastardization of each of the two toy lines which have been so dominant during most of my years of life! It doesn't really hold true for either toy line.

There's a scheduled 12 for '06, and if they sell even marginally well we may see more in the second half of the year.

I already commented briefly on these 3 in the other thread, but I will add that I think it's weird the Maul figure didn't even pretend to get his outfit's colorscheme, they tried to fudge it with Vader so why not this? If it had been left up to me, I would have at least darkened the color of the Infiltrator.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like how they look, given how limited they would appear in robot mode anyways. I cant wait to see these on the pegs. Has there been any word on their price point? Im hoping they come in at around $10 apiece.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I like the Fett and Maul. I dont know if I will buy them, depends on the price. No more than 10-15 a piece.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I believe the pricepoint is $15 to $20, somewhere in that neighborhood. Just based on Transformers prices, they should be in the $20 based on their size (well, the $15 range but that was abolished a while back, plus these are licensed) but the bubble card instead of box may counter that some.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wave 2? TWO?

Wave TWO??? WHERE'S WAVE 1? I have yet to see these in stores and color me pessimistic, but announcing Wave 2 before even SELLING Wave 1 is a bit pretentious.

C'MON HASBRO! BRING 'EM OUT! Dang it...