Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, I get my Wookie Flyer from Ebay, right? Well guess what?

It's a TRI-LINGUAL package! No joke! Wasn't even announced that way on the auction and I am quite MIFFED at it...although the guy was in Canada and he was a good seller (he even lowered his shipping price from $10 to $6.50 for me after I pointed out that $10 was a bit high)...

The package is identical to the Wally-World ones, save that it's tri-lingual and instead of having a tech read-out on the back of the card describing the ship, it shows 4 ships and lists their names in 3 languages with the equivalent of "Collect them ALL" on it.

I had no idea the Titaniums- let alone Wave 4 (esp. considering how rare Wave 4 is right now)- were even being released in tri-lingual packages. No one ANYWHERE that I have seen shows Tri-Lingual Titaniums!

Does anyone else know how many of the Star Wars Titanium ships in the previous waves were released with Tri-Lingual packaging? Anyone?

...I suppose I'll open this Wookie Flyer when I get a double of the other mono-lingual one...IF I can ever find them cheap ($40 + $22 shipping from Singapore ain't "cheap"- anyone got any leads there?)

Carry on.

I know VT has a friend over there, but not quite sure where. I never heard of the tri-lingual packs, but guess it makes sense from Canada. I havent even seen wave 4 at retail yet
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yeah, anything sold in Canada has to have French on it as well as English (it's the law in Quebec), and if Hasbro's gonna bother selling it there I guess they figure they'll also put Spanish on it and sell it throughout North America. I'm just glad the US packaging isn't Tri-lingo.

WS, I guess this one can be your "opener" if you decide not to collect the tri-lingo packages.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Yeah, anything sold in Canada has to have French on it as well as English (it's the law in Quebec), and if Hasbro's gonna bother selling it there I guess they figure they'll also put Spanish on it and sell it throughout North America. I'm just glad the US packaging isn't Tri-lingo.

WS, I guess this one can be your "opener" if you decide not to collect the tri-lingo packages.
    My thoughts exactly...

Though the variation hunter in me is DROOLING...

I noticed that the X-Wing from Wave 1 that I got from England has the "Die-Cast" sticker on it under the "Star Wars" logo on the front where my other Wave 1 ships do not (and they were all American release).

Weird...

Damn variations!

Anyway, *SIGH* Wish I could find Wave 4.

My Star Wars aisle in my one and only local Wal-Mart got condensed down to 1/2 its old size and POWER RANGERS took up the other 1/2! They have like NO figures at all...makes me sad- esp. when they had tons 'o Sep of the Twins just the other day.

C'est la vie.

Question kh: "VT has a friend over there"

-"fett had not reached the top of the bounty-hunter trade without building up a network of business interests and contacts, some of them- if not most- completely unaware of each other" -from Bounty Hunter Wars Book 1:The Mandalorian Armor
    while i can't help but enjoy hearing my "legendary" rep outstrip the truth, actually my asian mm contact is in tokyo; the only singapore contact i'll cop to is a prison guard who amuses himself by horsewhipping smug yankee frat boys on spring break over there jailed on some arbitrary infraction or other (how old is That reference, a Decade? )
    vt

Threadomancy!

Hate to bring this back from the dead but it's relevant today

Well, I finally got the Wal-Mart Wave 4 Wookie Flyer from a seller in Hong Kong today- along with the other 3 ships in the Wal-Mart packaging- I am a happy camper! Cost me about $25 a piece but oh well...

ANYWAY-

I am glad I have a Tri-Lingual Wookie Flyer now- I'm not opening it.

Why? Check out the photos below!

The Tri-Lingual ship packaging appears to be "non-descript," i.e. generic- it doesn't match ANY of the other Titaniums packages released so far, but from the looks of the package and the artwork on it, it almost looks like a rejected Imperial Shuttle Tyderium design (the blue thrusters, the side with the 3 gray panels, etc.)

I assume from the backing that the other Tri-Linguals in Wal-Mart Wave 4 all had this packaging, but then I could be wrong.

Anyone else have any Tri-Linguals or seen any?

In the meantime, I am going to make another post with a pic of my Titanium Wall
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wookieflyerSingletrifrontsideboth.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	13505   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wookieflyerSingletrifrontsideboth2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	13506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wookieflyerSingletrifront.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	13507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wookieflyerbothBACK.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	13508  

A couple more pics supporting my reject Imperial Shuttle package theory (of course, it's probably not a rejected design- just something generic )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wookieflyertrilingualsticker.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	13509   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wookieflyertrilingualshuttlepack.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	13510  

Yuck, I don't like that tri-lingo packaging. I suspect it's totally generic, probably not even based on the Imp Shuttle (at that time, I doubt they had the Imp Shuttle packaging on deck).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Eh- the Imperial Shuttle packaging was a stretch and yeah, I agree- the packing IS kinda' "ICK." I didn't even think about the variation until I noticed it today.

The Shuttle theory was just that the 3 gray panels on the one side of the Tri-Lingual pack kinda' look like the 3 gray panels on the middle shuttle fin. Plus, when you add the blue thrusters and the shape of them on the Tri-Lingual package, it all looks somewhat like it was attempting to be an Imperial Shuttle package.

I'm glad I have it but I would not have gone out of my way to get it, so winning that auction was a happy little mistake- esp. since the Wookie Flyer is the only unique mold of a ship to Wal-Mart Wave 4 (Mass Retail Wave 4)- the Naboo Royal, BR Falcon and Green JSF have either been done before or are repaints.

Makes sense.

I picked up the Wookiee Flyer last night, it was the only new one I saw though (but it wouldn't have mattered probably, I have the other 3 in this wave - I don't consider Anakin's green JSF to be that different from the yellow, and I have the Galoob Falcon and Royal Starship). The Wookiee Flyer is in the new Titanium Series style of packaging, so that's a 3rd variant for ya.

Personally, I think the color is good but no room for subtlty, wings don't move and aren't really all that interesting - just "clear" shapes - metal feels really cheap on this one, and they only included a dedicated pilot, no gunner in the back. Not much to write home about, not horrible but not great either.