Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Whats up with Ebay sellers??????

I have been looking on Ebay tonight. I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-ROTS-R...QQcmdZViewItem

5 cents BIN for a gunship and 65 dollars shipping? Holy jeezzzzz, what has gotten into people?
    Last edited by JediTricks; 12-17-2005 at 03:37 PM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Simply a despicable underhand move of deception to get some unsuspecting poor sap.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Look, he's from Modesto, California! Looks like George is trying to hoodwink the fanboys while he still can.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

because Ebay charges a fee for selling the item not for the shipping cost i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedibill
    because Ebay charges a fee for selling the item not for the shipping cost i think.
    You guessed it.

What this seller is doing is against the rules and regulations of Ebay. You are not allowed to have a low BIN and charge an outrageous amount for shipping.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...umventing.html

"Unreasonable shipping or handling costs - Listings with low prices but unreasonably high shipping or handling costs."

If you wanted to you could drop eBay a message to bring it to their attention and they will contact the seller, penalize them and pull the listing.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat
    If you wanted to you could drop eBay a message to bring it to their attention and they will contact the seller, penalize them and pull the listing.
    Done. I just emailed them about it. Not because I care, it was more just me being an a55.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Done. I just emailed them about it. Not because I care, it was more just me being an a55.

Exxxxcellent!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I don't know If I blame the guy though. I mean, sure I can think that's too much for that piece altogether, but I know how much ebay and paypal fees cut into your profit. If you're a buisness and your moving alot of product sure it's fine but if you're just a private collector who's just selling off parts of his or her collection, the fees can add up real quick to point where it doesn't make since to use their service. My wife has found another auction site called epier, and it looks like their fees are alot more reasonable. I think it would be great if consumers enmasse began to look at other options to ebay to get them to realize how unhappy many people are with their service. I just think that ebay needs to lower some of their fees, and maybe this kind of thing wouldn't happen.
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Not to shabby. I already got an email response from them. It doesn't give any specifics about what's gonna be done but I'm surprised that they replied so quickly.

We will thoroughly review the listing(s) or Want It Now post(s) you
    have
    reported for Fee Circumvention violations. We often rely on members
    you to bring these violations to our attention.

We base our decisions for this offense on the content of the item
    description, item title, and shipping information. We recognize that
    there are ways to circumvent eBay fees that are not reflected in the
    listings or posts themselves. If you suspect that a seller is avoiding
    eBay fees outside the listing or post text, please contact us through
    one of the following Webforms:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_u...ng_buying.html

a) In Section 1, select "Ask about bidding or buying;"
    b) In Section 2, select "Problems with sellers;"
    c) In Section 3, select "Seller ended the listing early to avoid
    reserve price fees."

or,

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_u...ng_buying.html

a) In Section 1, select "Ask about bidding or buying;"
    b) In Section 2, select "Problems with sellers;"
    c) In Section 3, select "Seller asked for additional fees after the
    listing ended."

In light of our privacy policy, we cannot share any action taken by
    eBay
    with respect to this listing or post. If we determine that the listing
    violates eBay policy, we may:

- Send the seller an informational alert;
    - Remove the listing; or
    - Suspend the seller.

Account suspensions are usually reserved for those sellers that
    continuously disregard policy.

For more information on eBay's Fee Circumvention Policy, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...umventing.html

Thank you for your report.

Regards,

The eBay Community Watch Team
    Last edited by JediTricks; 12-17-2005 at 03:37 PM.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Bacta, I have sold stuff on Ebay, they take a percentage of what it sells for, not a huge cut, but thats why its free. To charge 70 bucks shipping is outrageous.

Slicker I was just going to rat him out.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten