Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do YOU watch the STAR WARS Saga at home?

Hi Gang!!

Like some of you, I built my "Home Theater" almost exclusively with viewings of the STAR WARS Saga in mind!!

I recently finished construction on it (just in time for the DVD release of EPISODE III.

My wife and I live in an apartment in Brooklyn, NY, and our funds are limited, so a full-blown dedicated "screening room" was not an option for us. Instead we designed and converted our living room into a "theater" space and put in as much slick detail as we could.

This room still awaits wall to wall carpeting.

The Theater wall features, semi-circular "stage",*lit "cubby" spaces (awaiting carpeting), 119"-Wide archway opening, and "King Blue" velvet drapes and trim.*

All lighting in the room is linked to electronic dimmers.

A full 5.1 THX sound system is installed in the room:* A Denon AV Reciever sends sounds to two B&W CDM 7NT Series tower speakers (one on either side of the TV).

A third (smaller) 7NT is installed above the TV (as the center channel).*

The left and right surround speakers are B&W* CDM "In-Walls" (concealed behind two framed pictures on the back wall behind the couch).*

The sub-woofer is the small Sunfire "Super Junior"* 9" cube. It's tucked in a corner under one of the end tables.

The TV is a 70" Hitachi LCD.

Unfortunately, this TV is glossy Black and does NOT photograph very well at all. I tried everything. But the more light I threw on it, the more glossy reflections I got on its flat surface. You can even see the reflection of my table lamp in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

For this reason, I had to use photoshop to lighten the outer cabinet details of the TV so they would be visible. But this photo VERY closely approximates what the Theater looks like in person.

Naturally, I chose a nice STAR WARS image to have on the screen when I took this picture.

How about YOU? Let's see how you all watch the STAR WARS Saga at home!!!

Regards,

Roberto DARKLORD Williams

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...rLukeVader.jpg
    -Roberto DARKLORD Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DARKLORD_67

How about YOU? Let's see how you all watch the STAR WARS Saga at home!!!
    I just use the PS2 I have hooked up to my 10 year old 19" TV or my laptop.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Well...the thought of updating the 42" HD Projection to a DLP has a few logistic issues (mounting, cabling and power).

Santa brought a DD/DTS Yamaha 6.1 receiver for the system last year (when the OTC came out) and it is great.

I actually have 8 feet between the windows where the tv sits now but I would love to get a THX wall piece I saw a while ago.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I just use the PS2 I have hooked up to my 10 year old 19" TV or my laptop.
    ha, thats exactly the same way i watch them. though it looks and sounds better on my laptop.
    [FONT=Century Gothic]That day in Theed I feel so far from what I was. When I came to rest all I could see was you. But I rose from my ruin to find myself greater. And all the days since have been to your end! - Maul [/FONT]
    Online Portfolio | Thracian | SW Action Figure Checklist

I usually watch them in the nude. It's a different kind of experience.

But really, I have a 27" JVC CRT that I view them on. Nothing special. The sound does comes through nice and clear on my Sony speakers hooked up to my Pioneer receiver, considering.

Sometimes I will view them on my computer. 20.1" Dell Ultrasharp LCD hooked up via DVI to my Nvidia 256mb graphics card. Its a slightly smaller screen but the picture quality is awesome (Finding Nemo makes me drool). I also have DD 5.1 speakers on my computer so the sound is pretty good too. I haven't watched Ep. III on my computer yet though.

I do plan on upgrading my TV set but to nothing real large. I have been looking at the new Samsung 30" Slimfit with HD Tuner Built-in. I've heard pretty good things about that one. The other TV I was looking at is Dell's new 32" LCD w/ Built-in HD. It's relatively new so there aren't a ton of reviews out there. It does have a bunch more inputs than the Samsung though.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by darko666
    ha, thats exactly the same way i watch them. though it looks and sounds better on my laptop.
    weird, that's the setup (minus the laptop) my mother has as well! My sister finally got her a DVD player (it's humungous though) but for a long time it was the PS2 on that 10-year-old 19" Panasonic TV.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

My family has a 36" TV that's pretty nice (at least it's better than the faux-wood-encased 25"er we had from 1990 to 2004). As Obi-Wan said, "Nothing too fancy."
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

On a large pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    On a large pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women.
    NIIIIICE!!! I like your style. You need to invite me over for a viewing.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

There are movies of this supposed "Star Wars"? I thought this forum was created just so people could argue with one another. Hmmm. I guess you learn something new every day.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.