Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need advice on selling collection

I bought Star Wars toys from 1995 through Episode 1 in 2000. I have paid about $3000 for all of my stuff, and now I've run out of room for it all. I looked on Ebay to see what my stuff is worth, and I'm surprised to find I'm going to lose a lot of money on each figure. I can't believe the toys worth $20-$30 each a few years ago are selling for less than retail value on Ebay.

I want to make as much money on these as possible because I know I will never get all the money I paid back. How do you recommend I sell them? Should I sell them all in one lot, or divide them up based on collection (FF, Ep1, Accessories, vehicles, etc)?

Please help me out, thanks.

Best option is to sell them in a lot. Take a good figfure, rare or HTF and group him with the scrubs(so to speak) It may fetch a few extra doillars and help you sell off what you normally might be stuck with. One thing you could also fdo is put em up on SSG auctions, it is free listing and you knw they would get a good home.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    One thing you could also do is put em up on SSG auctions, it is free listing and you know they would get a good home.
    How much did Steve pay you for that plug?

KH is right, SunCrusher. Through in some "pot sweeteners" to basically get rid of the stuff. You have a better chance of making a few bucks on it, IMO.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

i have to agree with them, also try to make the lots more themed. army builders sell well like lots of trooper or droids and/or scenes like the cantina and such,then throw in the ones that don't fit with these groups. i've been selling off my extras for most of this year and just had to let a lot go cheap. for some reason loose stuff has sold better.good luck.
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

I agree with lazer brain. And if I were you, I'd sell all of it loose unless the package is in EXCELLENT condition.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

or sell it ot me for ten bucks<waves hand>
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the help. All of my stuff is in pretty good condition. Do you think it's unwise to sell them all in one huge auction?

From what a friend who has sold TONS of stuff on ebay, including entire SW collections has told me, this is the route to go... Big lots are nearly always money-losers, the bigger the lot, the bigger the loss. Sure it comes with a big pricetag, but it doesn't actually add up. Smaller lots and individual parted pieces make more money because there's more room for bidding. Also, compare the prices between loose and MOC items, a lot of the time, POTF2 to Saga stuff can sell for *more* if it's loose because of certain perceptions - freeing your figures can sometimes net bigger returns. Don't balk at low bids, if you lose money on some items you may still make it up on others and you're saving on storage fees.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What ever you do , don't send your collection to Brian's toys. Brian will cherry pick you lott and then send you back your junk with a small check. I have never done it myself, but that's what his flyer basically says. I don't know if I will ever sell my crap, but if I did it would be the way JT said.

A few words of advise, you should keep some of it. I mean why did you collect the stuff in the 1st place? There's got to be a few figures that you would like to hold on to.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)