Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Wow, I had forgotten how bad that part really was, and I have been telling everybody how bad I remembered it for quite some time now, so that's REALLY bad.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh my God. I think I am going to kill myself. And that picture, poor old harrison looks like he doesn't want to be there, and why is a Royal guard wearing a Chewbacca mask? I never made it that deep into what has yet to be viewed by me in it's full form.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

So on Christmas Eve while driving to my sister's house for snacks and stuffing stockings for my nieces, oh and i was listening to 92.3 K-Rock radio for anyone in NJ, what do I hear but the Cantina Bar song from the Star Wars Holiday Special, sung by Bea Arthur. Talk about a nightmare. My wife actually forced me to listen to the whole song since she was born after the horror of the show. lucky for her.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I subjected my brothers-in-law to this horror when they came up. Out of human decency, I couldn't go beyond Lumpy taking out the garbage. However, I did get one of them to reneg his previous statement that The Phantom Menace is the worst SW film ever.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist
    I don't think Lucas will ever say he had nothing to do with Jar Jar since his sone came up with the name. I also remember reading that Jar Jar was his answer to the Ewoks in ROTJ, to make the movie more kid friendly.
    I remember reading in a magazine circa summer 98 bthat lucas belived all children would be speaking like Jar Jar by the time they went to school in sept 99. He was very proud of the Jar Jar character for some unknown reason. Explains why he was never killed off. Lucas is a stuborn, stuborn man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I subjected my brothers-in-law to this horror when they came up. Out of human decency, I couldn't go beyond Lumpy taking out the garbage. However, I did get one of them to reneg his previous statement that The Phantom Menace is the worst SW film ever.
    The Holiday Special is not a film, nor is it even shot ON film, that's another "endearingly bad" quality about this POS, they shot it on '70s videotape which looks like putrid arse.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I recall seeing it when it was new, but I don't really remember much. I know the cartoon was cool. I can't remember if I had actually seen Star Wars yet, and if I had, it was only once when it was re-released at the drive-in. Thus, anything new and Star Wars probably seemed cool to me back then. I don't remember hating it.

I listened to the song in that link. Not the best piece of singing, but most of it wasn't too bad, as long as she wasn't trying to hit the higher notes. I imagine it would seem worse with video and appearing in the middle of something like Star Wars.

No matter how bad it is, I'd still like to see it again someday.

The animation is very similar to that of The Simpsons on their test pilot episode. I watched a little bit of it. I have it on my computer. What I saw wasn't great but didn't seem as bad as you guys are talking about. And it is not worse. It isn't anything to write home about. However I am scared to watch it in its entirety.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

For those that may not have seen the Boba Fett cartoon that's in the Holiday Special I took the liberty of uploading it for ya. Enjoy.

Fett cartoon.

Also here's Goodnight But Not Goodbye.

A.K.A Chux's favorite song.

And in the words of Nick Burns. YOUR WELCOME!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Well, nothing in that cartoon was familiar, other than the fact that Boba Fett pretended to be a friend, and then turned out to be an enemy. Also, the voice of that captain at the beginning sounded familiar. Perhaps from some other cartoon or sci-fi show I watched as a kid.