Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SSG Podcast?

SSG Podcast?

After talking about it with a few other board members, I had thought about creating a Podcast about Star Wars starring none other than great forum members from SSG! Anyone have any thoughts about this or have a clue how we could do it? Think there would be a demand for it? Pour in the thoughts, I think it would be pretty cool if we could develop this. For those of you that don't know what Podcasts are, they are kind of like radio shows where we could discuss collecting and other topics determined by listeners as well as ourselves. And you would be able to download it through iTunes for your iPod or other MP3 player I believe....Give me some feedback!!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I think that'd be a cool idea, DQ. I'm not sure how the whole shabang works, but I'd for sure try to be a part of it.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

First thing would be getting all the recordings. How could that come about? I would be down for it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I have been looking into creating my own podcasts. I downloaded a program called "Audacity" for recording my podcasts, then convert them into MP3 format.

The biggest thing is finding somewhere to store the podcasts for downloading.
    May the force be with you.

Would everyone have the chance to do their own recordings, or what? Would it be an open-ended discussion, or what? Anyway, it sounds cool.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

As long as JT and Tycho don't have anything to do with it I'm game. We don't need to actually listen to a huge List or our recordings be deleted.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 12-24-2005 at 02:09 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Sounds interesting... We would gladly host and support it if were done correctly.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    As long as JT and Tycho don't have anything to do with it I'm game. We don't need to actually listen to a huge List or our recordings be deleted.
    Heh heh heh.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

If someone knows how it could be done that would help a lot, I'm still looking into research online, but the main jist would be have 4-5 people that can talk with each other about different topics. We could have guest speakers and have people send in emails with questions as well. I got the idea because I listen to MuggleCast which is affiliated with Harry Potter (insert laughter here). And they have 3-4 people talking about different things about the movies and books, and I thought it would work well with Star Wars obviously because there is endless things to discuss. Any other thoughts?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

I have unlimited long distance and three way calling, so if anyone knows a way to record it, I can get it done.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten