Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the deal with AC-DC shirts?

Nothing against AC-DC. They rock. No questioning that. The guitar solo in "You Shook Me All Night Long" is the pinnacle of western civilization.

But I've noticed a lot of stores, especially those that cater to kids or that carry no other music-related apparel, carrying huge numbers of AC-DC shirts. Usually, it's the cover of Back in Black, but I've seen the cover of For Those About to Rock and just the AC-DC logo, too.

It seems weird to me. Are kids wearing these? And do they know what AC-DC is, or just think it's a cool logo for a clothing brand?

This may sound like a stupid question, but it's not. I'm just basing it on my knowledge of high school students nowadays, and we're talking about an entire generation that knows not Led Zeppelin, much less the finer differences between Bon Scott and Brian Jones.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Dunno. I'm not particularly fond of AC/DC, but then again, I don't know many of their songs. I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan and know quite a lot about them, though, and I own two Floyd shirts (one with triangles featuring bits of their album covers, another one that says "Wish You Were Here" and their name as well).

I know many, many kids in my high school who would gladly take classic rock to most of the garbage that's put out nowadays (myself included). I don't know why there's been such a sudden "rediscovery" of old bands, but I like it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

It's a retro thing IMO. I saw an AC/DC shirt in K-Mart the other day, Highway to He!! with the band sporting horns and such.

I was a serious metal head in High School and wore AC/DC shirts, Metallica, etc.
    May the force be with you.

Kids have started wearing Ramones T-shirts without even knowing who the Ramones are! Talk about being a poser! This is such an Ashlee Simpson thing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Target over here has alot of these shirts. Floyd, AC/DC and many other classic bands.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I bought my son an AC DC hoodie, and I believe he has a shirt that one of his friends outgrew. Target, Hot Topic trendy clothing stores have these, but it is a trend, and like other trends will fade. I have told my son about Bon Scott and Brian Jones. He just likes the music as much as I still do.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Johnson. Brian Johnson. I am an idiot. Here I am disparaging people who wear AC-DC shirts and don't know about them, and I put the wrong stupid name. D'oh!

A'ight, y'all, I was curious if the people buying these knew it was a band and not a clothing label. Like I said, it sounds like a dumb question, but I've learned there aren't really dumb questions when talking about trends.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I remember a time when the only place I could even find an AC/DC shirt (besides the concert) was at Rock On!

And if you you know what I am talking about then you are probably at least as old as I am.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Johnson. Brian Johnson. I am an idiot. Here I am disparaging people who wear AC-DC shirts and don't know about them, and I put the wrong stupid name. D'oh!
    If you notice, I repeated what you said, and this after sensing something was not right, and unexcusably not checking my facts before posting my reply.

I was able to get my son one gift that he won't be expecting. It's the AC DC Family Jewels 2 DVD disc set. Everything else he ordered online, and I just paid for it.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'd like to think that the newfound popularity of Beavis and Butthead might have something to do with it.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."