Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite movies of 2005....

Since there are virtually no more movies coming out in 2005 and many of us have had the chance to see what we wanted, I want to know: what were your favorite movies of 2005? I have a list.

10. The 40 Year Old Virgin
    I thought this was really funny. Plus the director was the creator of "Freaks and Geeks", so I couldn't resist. Steve Carrell is one of my favorite comedians now.

9. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Now regardless to what some of you may say, I thought this was really good, and even better than the original movie. Johnny Depp was great, and Tim Burton brought that real weird feel to it all that made it work.

8. The Wedding Crashers
    In a year of dark or tragic movies, this really was welcome. This was the funniest movie I've seen all year. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson were hilarious.

7. Crash
    I rented this and it was a damn good movie. The cast was great and the story was powerful about racial tension in LA. I'd recommend it to anyone.

6. Batman Begins
    Best Batman movie. That I can't argue. Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman and Cillian Murphy were all great. Not the best superhero movie. Why? Katie Holmes. Next time the producers should actually cast someone who can act, like Natalie Portman or Rachel McAdams.

5. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
    Great movie. Your first thought when going into the theater is "Oh, just another movie trying to make some cash off of the success of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Nope. You'lll be amazed by the end of the movie.

4. Sin City
    Forget Batman. This was the best comic book movie of the year. Mickey Rourke stood out in the cast for his role as Marv. Frank Miller, Robert Rodriguez, and Quentin Tarantino are an unbeatable team.

3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    Best Harry Potter movie. It was darker. Plus it showed a lot more teenage angst, which helps you understand the characters a lot more. Those kids have come a long way since the first one.

2. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
    This was the year of Darth Vader. The movie was the best of the prequels, hands-down. I even liked it more than Return of the Jedi. Ewan McGregor, Ian McDiarmid, hell, even Hayden was great. It's sad to see that the saga's finally over.

1. King Kong
    The only thing from keeping Star Wars at the top of this list. In all reality I liked both this and ROTS equally, but this was much less flawed. The painstaking work that Peter Jackson and his cast and crew did really shines on screen. But the biggest achievement has to be Kong himself. You actually believe he's real and you feel for him. For me, three hours for that movie wasn't enough.

So that's my list. Looking forward to seeing what 2006 has in store for us, with X3 and Superman Returns.
    [FONT=Arial Black]"I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERF***ER!!!!!"[/FONT]
    [FONT=Impact]Awesome Traders: JON9000, darkagent[/FONT]

ROTS
    Narnia
    Sin City
    Kingdom of Heaven
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Revenge of the Sith
    Corpse Bride
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    Batman Begins
    Goblet of Fire
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Batman Begins
    ROTS
    Goblet of Fire
    Kong
    Sin City
    Charlie and the Chocolate factory
    Sin City
    40 yr old Virgin
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]It's Beer!! Hooray Beer!!![/FONT]

1.Star Wars ROTS
    2.Harry Potter Goblet of Fire
    3.King Kong
    4.Chronicles of Narnia
    5.Batman Begins
    6.The 40 year old Virgin
    7.Fun with Dick and Jane
    8.The Brothers Grim
    9.Kingdom of Heaven
    10.Sin City

1. ROTS
    2. Serenity
    3. Harry Potter
    4. Batman Begins
    5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

I haven't seen King Kong yet, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Batman Begins.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Batman Begins, Narnia 1, Walk the Line, and Harry Potter IV. ROTS was good, but not as good as these.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I can't even think of 10 movies that I've gone to see this year. I've been getting out less and less due to grad school and family obligations.

I'd say my top choice would be ROTS with Charlie+Choc.Fac. and HP4 as honorable mentions.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Here are some that stick out and I'm sure there are several more that I will enjoy but I have yet to see. I'll get back to ya on those.

In no particular order:

Batman Begins
    Sin City
    SW Ep. III - ROTS
    Wedding Crashers
    40 Yr Old Virgin
    Crash
    The Jacket
    The Devil's Rejects
    Exorcism of Emily Rose
    High Tension!!!

I have a feeling I'm going to be adding Serenity to the list within the next couple of days.

Haven't found the time to see Narnia or Kong yet.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."