Hybrid View

Animated Star Wars Cartoon for 2007

Hey I know this was already talked about before but was wondering, was it confirmed that the cartoon is going to follow ROTS or is it going to be more of the clone wars. I myslelf hope that it follows ROTJ, this way some of the Eu that is already established can be used in the Saga and it gives Hasbro a chance to branch out and give us more then just more versions of Luke Leia, Han and Chewie.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

They described it as a CGI Clone Wars. I gather the original idea was to get Genndy Tartakovsky to come back and just do more animated ones, but he declined so this will CG instead.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's too bad GT didn't want to do more of the animated Star Wars. Guess with 2 Emmy's under his belt, he wanted to quit while he was on top? I hope the CG series really pushes the envelope. It's not like Lucas doesn't have qualified people. It's got to be better than the CG GI Joe series. Though if you make it so realistic, what do you need a live action series for? Lucas has already blurred the lines between CG and live action where sometimes it's hard to know which one you are seeing. It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th
    That's too bad GT didn't want to do more of the animated Star Wars. Guess with 2 Emmy's under his belt, he wanted to quit while he was on top?
    Actually, it had to do with control and guidance, though the opposite of what you might expect. He was a bit overwhelmed playing in the SW sandbox, and Lucas gave him about as much guidance as he apparently gives actors. He was only given necessary changes (such as Lucasfilm deciding that Grievous would debut in Episode XX or the entirety of Episodes XXI-XXV) when there was barely enough time to complete the episodes.

I was lucky enough to see the premiere of Season 3 (XXI-XXV), which was about four days before it first aired on Cartoon Network. Tartakovsky was there to answer questions, and it seems he and his crew had gotten no sleep at all for several days trying to finish this, and there were still two unfinished scenes (although had he not apologized for them, I doubt anyone would've noticed) and the sound effects were only done for about 3/4 of the episodes.

I'd say burned out on SW is far closer to the truth.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Honestly, I think Tartakovsky and his team said a lot in their relatively short amount of time and I can totally understand why they'd want to move onto something else, it's good to keep things fresh so it doesn't end up repetetive and lifeless for the artist (and then by extension for the audience).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I can understand that. It was a little gem. No sense in overplaying it. At first when the animated series was anounced, I was hoping for CGI like Beast Wars or Roughnecks, but after seeing the Clone Wars for the first time I was amazed and fell in love with the unique style all it's own. Now I hope that when the new animated series comes out that they break new ground with the style and that it doesn't look like other CGI animation. A lot of the CGI cartoons which are common now remind me of video games which is overdone now.