Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally, Pictures of My Clone Trooper

Okay, I've been promising since this thread:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=28761

that I would be able to show a picture of the finished clone product, and I can finally make it happen.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures, since everything I know about digital cameras I learned in the fifteen minutes I played with my Mom's camera.

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/fmkcon...icture_001.jpg
    http://www.angelfire.com/hero/fmkcon...icture_002.jpg
    http://www.angelfire.com/hero/fmkcon...icture_003.jpg
    http://www.angelfire.com/hero/fmkcon...icture_004.jpg

A little background: I've been working off and on (more off than on) on another clone, a light gray clone, and in coming up for a name for him, I did what I often do and chose a non-English word. Since he was gray, I immediately thought storm, and three years of German brought Sturm to my mind immediately. I liked it. It has a Star Wars pedigree (one of Karrde's vornskyrs), and it has a secondary meaning as we all know the clones become Storm Troopers, which were named for the German Sturmabteilung.

Well, as far as the trooper who would have waterslide decals, I thought to myself what image I might use. I hope those of you who have already looked at the pictures recognized the symbol. It's the tattoo Snake Eyes, Stormshadow and the rest of the Arashikage Ninja Clan use. Well, for those of you who don't know, arashi means storm and kage means shadow. I had the perfect name: the leader of this group will be named Commander Arashi. The pictures are of one of the grunts of the legion. I am working on Commander Arashi himself, and he will be in the design scheme of Gree and Appo's concept art (I.e. suspenders, tinted visor, sidearm).

Please, give me your comments. This is the first real custom I've done aside from a head swap from Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan to Obi-Wan Naboo and a Duros head/head swap jedi with the Coruscant Chase body.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Hey, there's something wrong with the link to your photos! All it say's is image hosted by anglefire.
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    Hey, there's something wrong with the link to your photos! All it say's is image hosted by anglefire.

Yep, same here. We need a fix!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I thought it was me, I have the same issue.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hmm. I've clicked directly on the links, and I've opened link in new window with no problem on two different browsers on three different computers, but I know little more about computers than I do about digital cameras.

Does anyone have any theories what needs to be done?

Try this link:

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/fmkconlang/custom.html

The first picture is the best, and the other two are too blurry to do more than give an idea of where paint or decals have or have not been placed.

I didn't get a good picture of his left arm. I know Snakes and Stormie have their tattoos on the right forearm, but that is right where clone troopers have their comlinks. I refused to shave off the comlink, so the tattoo went to the left forearm. The rest of the symbols are placed where Neyo has his minus the head.

Okay, I can see them now. How close do you stand with your camera? I find that if I stand further away (not to far though) then bring the picture into a program like my Roxio photosuite, I can crop the unneccasary elements out, and have a sharp clear picture of the figure.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I stood at various distances, but more than anything, the biggest problem wasn't anything more than the fact that for the first time in my life I touched a digital camera and fifteen minutes later I put it down with these results and will probably not pick one up again for months or more.

I would have spent more time, but I was stealing a few minutes to use the camera while visiting my family for Christmas.

Good concept, nice decal (!) -but- the face needs some more red on the front. Something to bring it all together. Right now the face looks random-ish to me. Perhaps painting the ridge, or above his eyes would help. Also looks like you got your weathering down- good job!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Many thanks for the comments!

I kind of painted the face as a last second decision. . . . Well, second to last, since the back of the head was the last. I wasn't going to do any painting at first, but then I did the knee and elbow pads, then I decided to paint the face after I copped out and didn't try to use a decal on the extreme curve on the forehead.

It wasn't until the blown up picture that I noticed the spot of red on the visor on his right side. It was actually just debris from scratching off the paint.

As for the choice of decal design, well, my life is one big geeky reference after another, so it seemed appropriate.

I've not been sure I liked the face for a while, but I've been allowing it's possibly because of nagging guilt from chickening out on the sticker. I've considered adding more to it but since it was originally supposed to be far more minimalist than it is, I'll have to noodle it some more.

Thanks again