Shocktroopers with holes in their chests, etc.

Now that I finally have a really good digital camera (and cheap too...thank the Maker for Black Friday blowouts!!!!), I finally have a chance to post pictures of my customs.

First up, my Clonetroopers. These are all based on the ROTS #6 mold and were done with Sharpies, matches, big lighters, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clonetrooper (109th Battalion).jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	13174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shocktrooper.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	13175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shocktrooper(Concussion Blast).jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	13176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clonetrooper (Battle-Damaged).jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	13177  
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Arent those BBQ lighters fun?
    Ok- although Im not a fan of sharpie coloring, these do look pretty good. Only thing I have trouble with is with the middle one- the chest looks great (maybe just add some deep red in there), but It looks like some of the surrounding areas are just to clean for him to have sustained that much damage.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24
    Arent those BBQ lighters fun?
    Ok- although Im not a fan of sharpie coloring, these do look pretty good. Only thing I have trouble with is with the middle one- the chest looks great (maybe just add some deep red in there), but It looks like some of the surrounding areas are just to clean for him to have sustained that much damage.
    BBQ lighter!!! That's the name I was trying to think of!! D'oh!!!

As for the battle damage, that's why the helmet is charred so much. It's conceivable that the lower extremeties wouldn't be messed up too much from a shot to the chest...it depends on the angle. I used Jesse Ventura's death in Predator as a reference. He got his chest blown out, but his legs were relatively unaffected.

It's too bad the pictures can't really give a good view of the chest. That's actually a cavity burned into the torso. It sinks about halfway through the figure, and it's very textured with blistered, scorched plastic.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Those look pretty good. The actual name of the lighter is Aim and Flame.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Those look pretty good. The actual name of the lighter is Aim and Flame.
    Or "Serious Fire Hazard" as my wife considered it. Then again, I was holding the lighter underneath that clone while I was cackling like a mad scientist lunatic. Hahahahaha!!!

Thanks to kidhuman and mastermatt for the compliments!

I used a ceramic tipped bit in my Dremel to drill a hole in a 501st figure.

Plastic pushed up from the bit working in and out gave the appearance of the lightsaber cutting the armor. I used black paint the color in the rest.

the last one is best (suttle but effective). i like the burnt one too. don't really like the first 2...sorry. thanks for the pix though. i dig looking at all customs.