Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by posty333
    Just about every Fugazi album has an instrumental song on it. They are one of my favorite bands.
    oh yes indeedy! arpeggiator is one of my favourite instrumentals ever. top song. you are going waaaaay back into the mists of time with that scorpions song though!

i think record companies always get a bit jittery with instrumentals though - i remmebr several years ago karma to burn wanted to release an all instrumental album and not have song titles either and their record company threw a fit and refused to relase it.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isn’t the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Instrumentals would involve actually knowing how to play an instrument. Most of the damn music nowadays is synthesizers.
    "Do you think they play themselves?", asked the keyboardist.

I seem to recall spending a lot of time in the studio laying down keyboard parts and programming sequences and drum patterns. I guess the fact that I can also play a piano live and actually sing doesn't factor into that whole goofy statement you made.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The rebirth of Spinal Tap mark II attempted to relaunch the popularity of instrumentals but audiences weren't ready to embrace Derek Smalls' songwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    The rebirth of Spinal Tap mark II attempted to relaunch the popularity of instrumentals but audiences weren't ready to embrace Derek Smalls' songwriting.
    Perhaps had promotor's should put "Spinal Tap" ahead of "Puppet Show" the audience would have embraced it more/better.

But at least it really put things into perspective.

"Derek Smalls, he wrote this." Bummm Buh duh bumm BUMMMMM

Chuck Norris decided he'd had enough of instrumentals and wanted to hear more lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    But at least it really put things into perspective.
    Yeah... too MUCH F%$*ing perspective
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

God damnit mabs, now I gotta watch it again. I can't get enough of that movie.

I too miss great instrumentals. Dont forget that Triumph's album Thunder 7 was totally bada** and included a few great instrumentals
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

When was the last time you've heard "So-and-so's a great lead guitarist" or drummer? It died out in the '80's, kiddies (golden years in the 60's and 70's).

When I grew up there were things called MUSICIANS!

Nowadays: noisemakers and three-cord-wonders.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!