Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battlestar Galactica season 2.0

Well, for some odd reason they decided to release the second season of Battlestar Galactica half way through! That's right the new episodes for the second season will begin airing in January, but I guess they wanted to cash in on the popularity and rake in a few extra buck before then so they released the box set with only 10 episodes.

The set is labeled "Season 2.0" and comes with some nice bonus material.

Anyway I am a sucker and went ahead and bought the box set. I missed several episodes while I was in Korea a few months back so I wanted to catch what I missed.

Anyway, I just thought I would mention that the fist half of the second season is out now.

I can't wait 'til the new episodes hit in January!
    May the force be with you.

I've been watching this dvd set over the weekend, and I have to say I'm really enjoying it!

Awesome show, and this is coming from a guy that usually doesn't like sci-fi TV shows.

I'm not paying that insane price for a half a season of television. I'll wait until someone takes it to a media exchange. That's just messed up.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I dunno.... $35 for almost 8 hours doesn't seem like that bad of a deal to me.

I do suggest checking it out though. It's a fun show, really gritty and the Cylons are cooool. It is a bit cheesy at times, but I guess all sci-fi shows are, right?

I've seen the show. I don't think it's cheesy at all. It's probably one of the best dramaz on television at the moment. I just think that 20 episodes at the *ka-ching* of $99 is ridiculously steep.

I just think that 20 episodes at the *ka-ching* of $99 is ridiculously steep.
    ? ?

The season 1 DVD box set contained 13 regular episodes and the 4 hour mini series (approx. 17 peisodes) and retails for $39.99.

Oh, I understand what you're saying. Season two set 1 retails for $49 each (although most retail places sell below that, got mine for $35 at Best Buy). Assuming set 2's SRP is the same, you're combining the two to come up with the $99, right? It is a bit steep when you look at it like that....

I guess it's an easier pill for me to swallow at $35 now, and $35 later - instead of all at once for $70 to $99. Besides, the little lady doesn't question a $35 DVD purchase, where she probably would a $99 one.

Yeah... it's just a matter of doing the math. Since the set is so short on extras, it doesn't add up at all. I mean, most television shows that were cult hits (Buffy, Angel, etc...) carry a price tag of $59.99 for a full season with loads of extras. If Universal were to sell each season at $29.99 or list it at $34.99, then I wouldn't think they were such money-grubbing scum. For as much as I love this show, I can't pay those prices. It's just ridiculous. I'll wait for a used copy to turn up.

Since the set is so short on extras, it doesn't add up at all. I mean, most television shows that were cult hits (Buffy, Angel, etc...) carry a price tag of $59.99 for a full season with loads of extras.
    Speaking of which. Wal-Mart now has season 1 of Buffy and Angel for $19.98 each! Great deal!

I hear what your saying about the price being high for what you get, but I am sure it will come down eventually. Sci-Fi is milking this bad boyfor everything they can, who can blame them. When something is hot it will command a higher price, like Buffy and Angel did a couple of years ago. I suspect the price will fall to $20.00 eventually.

For $20.00 almost any good "full season" television series is a good price.

I have never seen Battlestar Galactica, but I've heard it is really good, so I have the miniseries coming this week on netflix. If I like it, I'll cue up season one and get in on it. Episodes on DVD run about 45 minutes, which works for me. Life is short!
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car