Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TSC (Saga2) Fett Variation

I know Turbo posted htis yesterday somewhere, but I will post it in this foruym. There are two versions of the SAGA Fett. One has the flames behind, and one has them in front. The one in front also has a different leg pose. I dont have pics right now but I think turbo posted a link to them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Found some pics on ebay a few minutes ago of the variations
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fett back.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	13212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fett front.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	13213  
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

Changed the title to avoid confusing this with the Saga1 variation (which this new figure is based off of, along with the VOTC Fett)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just great, as if the holographs weren't enough "variation" for those who collect variations. Now there are two versions of fett...just great. I wonder why they changed the package? I bet the one on the left will be the "harder to find" version because I believe it was the first version.

B.
    TDV
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I suspect they moved the legs to the front to highlight that feature, or perhaps this is not a running change but simply the way the factory workers were placing the toy in the tray, it doesn't look like the tray has been altered. If that's the case, then this is simply an extreme version of the pseudo-variations of a figure looking left instead of right, I don't consider positional variations to be true variations.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I suspect they moved the legs to the front to highlight that feature, or perhaps this is not a running change but simply the way the factory workers were placing the toy in the tray, it doesn't look like the tray has been altered. If that's the case, then this is simply an extreme version of the pseudo-variations of a figure looking left instead of right, I don't consider positional variations to be true variations.
    I'm with you JT. I collect variations and there are plenty of them without inventing them where the differences are just absent-mindedness on the part of the production personnel. On the other hand, if this is a true production change...I'll be hunting it.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Turbowars posted in the TSC forum that the "fire in front of legs" version has the earlier datestamp, which would support the theory that it's simply a positioning change rather than a true variant.

I believe it is a true production change. The inner bubble trays are different from one another.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    I believe it is a true production change. The inner bubble trays are different from one another.
    Yes and the legs are in different poses as well.

Turbo, are you sure the trays are different? The photos I've seen look like they're not, so that's what I was going by.