Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    I responded to everyone and then it said I wasn't logged in when I tried to post my reply. Happy New Year.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I really don't have any. Just continue on my goals in life
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Apparently I did not post any resolutions here for '11, so therefore I either met them all or none of them. Whatta year!

I don't know if I want to make any for '12, knowing that by the end of the year, all of humankind will be wiped off the face of the world.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I responded to everyone and then it said I wasn't logged in when I tried to post my reply. Happy New Year.
    Sounds like your New Years resolution will be to double check your log in before making long posts.
    May the force be with you.

I don't really 'believe' in resolutions, besides most people don't keep them. I will say a few things that I want to do in 2012: find a new job, if I don't do that I want to at least be 'moving towards' a new job ie. go back to school. I have an idea or two with that but I'm figuring some things out with that so I'm not set yet in that reguard. Continue to grow and advance my coaching career, in a magical world that would be my full time job. Qualify for the Boston Marathon.

Here's what I plan to do next year, not necessarily "resolve" to do...
    - two days acting as Abe Lincoln for the local library's Civil War documents exhibit
    - prepare some students for their HSEE in Feb., Mar. and maybe Apr.
    - see the "new" Star Wars 3D movie (maybe even on opening day)
    - take an Alaskan cruise in the summer (gift to mom)
    - continue to help mom pay off the house
    - publish the 8th annual English dept. literary journal
    - remain cellphone-less

Here's what I might do in 2012 (some are out of my control)...
    - do more than plan to write, and actually get down to doing it
    - be re-hired to teach (perhaps even without a loss of salary ) at my same school site for the fall (and thereby earn my 10-year pin )
    - make "some changes" (nah! steadfast consistency is awesome! ) or "open up" to others
    - reach 10K SSG posts (all quality ones, too)
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Well, 2012 promises to be a busy year for me as well.

A+ certification
    Network+ certification
    Security+ certification
    PACS Systems Analyst certification
    Instructor qualified
    Continue working on my B.A.
    May the force be with you.

My resolutions for this year are similar to last year's, except I'm a lot closer to getting the comic done (I've got about 14 or so pages laid out). As what usually happens with life, 2011 presented some unexpected challenges, not the least of which was tearing the bicep muscle in my arm last September and having to have it surgically repaired. I'm still recovering from that right now.

I haven't really added up my Star Wars spending for the year yet. I'm pretty sure I might have gone over my $100 limit, but I highly doubt I passed the $200 mark.

For 2012 I'm going to resolve to NOT purchase any Ep1 or Prequel related Star Wars merchandise. Should be fairly easy as long as I can get over the initial temptation once the new packaging hits.

I also resolve to NOT see EP1 3D in theaters.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Nothing for 2012 or 2013, post-wise. Hmm.

In 2014, I recall to make no revolutions. But here goes for resolutions, maybe:
    - request to teach Honors level students for the first time
    - do something with the 20th anniversary of the subject matter for a possible book plot
    - get new Christmas outdoor lights, THAT WORK!
    - let things go as they happen
    - get some repair work on the house
    - remain un-injured