Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Lego Star Wars II in 2006

Was just over at TheForce.net and they had an article about the upcoming releases for 2006, among which is listed Lego Star Wars II. While the article didn't go into much detail it seems like the game in going to be fashioned around the OT this time.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Not a big surprise, that's a pretty obvious winner there. Their prediction sounds like speculation at this point though, but I hope it's true... we love the first game around my house.
    plasticfetish.net

I thought the article was taken direct from the source at LucasArts, so I figured it was true just the release date was unknown.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I hope its true. I loved the first one. It was just good clean fun. Just goes to show that you dont need blood, gore, gang members, drugs, or sex to make a great game.

I haven't yet played the first one but I would hope this to be true. It's only logical that they made the first one pretty much about the prequels so now they'll make one about the OT.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist
    I thought the article was taken direct from the source at LucasArts, so I figured it was true just the release date was unknown.
    No... I'm not doubting the info, it's just that I don't know how much LucasArts has to do with the Lego game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    I haven't yet played the first one but I would hope this to be true. It's only logical that they made the first one pretty much about the prequels so now they'll make one about the OT.
    It's a fun game, and as anyone that's played through to the end knows, you unlock a small part where you play Vader boarding the Tantive -- at just the start of episode IV.

Quote Originally Posted by starwarsfan1
    I hope its true. I loved the first one. It was just good clean fun.
    ...and not just a fun "kids" game. It's just fun to play lego characters, and the whole thing's done so well. But as a game for kids (and I have an 8 year old that's played through Battlefront II now), it's perfect for tons of reasons. Mostly because of the infinite life thing, and the fact that it's so open ended giving him a chance to go back and play ('cause that's what legos are about) around with the different environments.

It's funny watching my son play the game for a bit, and then run off to do the same thing with his "real" Legos.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    ...and not just a fun "kids" game. It's just fun to play lego characters, and the whole thing's done so well. But as a game for kids (and I have an 8 year old that's played through Battlefront II now), it's perfect for tons of reasons. Mostly because of the infinite life thing, and the fact that it's so open ended giving him a chance to go back and play ('cause that's what legos are about) around with the different environments.

It's funny watching my son play the game for a bit, and then run off to do the same thing with his "real" Legos.
    I agree with you all the way plasticfetish.
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 01-06-2006 at 12:36 PM.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/687/687344p1.html

This looks fantastic. I bought the prequels game last night, haven't even gotten to the first vehicle level, but reading about the OT game makes me want that so bad right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jeditricks,

once you complete the level you can go back and play in freeplay mode which allows you to play as different characters. You can actually have Grievous play in TPM or AOTC.

I just love this game, beat it PC and now I'm trying to beat it on PS2. Can't wait for the OT version this fall. I just hope we get to see the battle of Endor and fly the Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist
    Jeditricks,

once you complete the level you can go back and play in freeplay mode which allows you to play as different characters. You can actually have Grievous play in TPM or AOTC.
    Yeah, that was the first thing I did after freeing Amidala from the Theed level, I bought 6 or 7 new minor characters from Dex and played around the Negotiations level a bunch. I love playing as the Destroyer Droid, that is AWESOME! I wish his rate of fire was more realistic tho'. What'll be cool is porting unlocked characters from L:SW1 over to L:SW-OT, Droidekas and Maul fighting in the OT universe.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.