Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fighting with the FXs?? Come in

alrighty, i cant seem to find anywhere that answers the question, can you fight with these FX sabers?? of course you can but do they hold up and how tough ar they. I've bought the 20 dollar walmart sabers which were fun but you dont cry when it breaks, but playing with a $100 lightsaber is different. My friend just bought a anakin saber from bestbuy and i love it but im not a stare at it on the wall person, i wanna fight with it!

Has anyone broken theirs, whats their limit?
    Have you fought with it, how hard?? I know about the video on replicas.com.

Help me out here, once im confident they will hold up well, ill buy one. I understand its not invincible but will it hold up to many fights??

thank you!!

heheheh I cant stare at mine either.

My son and I spar out in the yard at night sometimes. I have the Vader FX and the Anakin FX.

We SPAR.. we dont do a full on whack with them,. but we have whacked them together quite a bit.

The issue is that once you start whacking them. you will notice either an LED might go out, or a few dings in the saber itself.

Weve been playing "semi" hardcore with them for awhile. and they are both starting to show a little wear n tear on them.

soooooooo... basically... you can toy around with them if you dont mind a few dings or maybe a burned out LED in them.. I still think mine look great at night. and Im not afraid to take them out and whoop someone with them.

I do cringe when I hand them over to others.. as I know.. and my kid knows.. how hard to smack them.. but others who are holding them for the 1st time.. dont. but they havent broke yet.

theres nothing like a lightsaber battle on a late summer night in the yard as cars are driving by going.. wtf?

hope that helps
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

I have them all and I'm not planning on fighting with any of them.

I have three of them and durring the first battle we wacked them pretty hard. No major damage. Some minor scratching is all. They seem to hold up well.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

Waiting in line to see ROTS, there were several people bragging about how much theirs cost, then having huge battles. They seemed to hold up well, but there's no way I'd drop that kind of money on something to whonk people on the head with.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

They're not meant for fighting unfortunatly. They're more of a novelty. You can buy parts to make a fighting/stunt saber at a hardware store. Thats the way to go if you want to give gome good wacks!

But if you break or damage an FX, then its your $100 thats gone.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I've seen people spar with them and like it was stated earlier it will start to show after awhile. I also have seen people really whack away with them and have them shatter on impact. So yes you can spar with them just be aware that they were meant for show and display.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    They're not meant for fighting unfortunatly. They're more of a novelty. You can buy parts to make a fighting/stunt saber at a hardware store. Thats the way to go if you want to give gome good wacks!

But if you break or damage an FX, then its your $100 thats gone.
    Precisely, you the owner were advised not to battle with them. Some people are ignoring this wise advice.

I brought my Vader saber to the Episode 3 opening and sparred with two other guys, not full hacking, but hard enough to make it look good. I think you can realize the limits without beating the hell out of someone or something.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

thnks for the responses, helps some. so it looks like you can do fighting with them as long as you arent putting force behind your hits. The funny thing is on the masterreplicas site they have a video of a battle where they apear to be goin all out. i've made stunt lightsabers, the only problem is they dont light up, thats all the fun to me. and the FXs are $80 at best buy at the moment, should i pounce on that deal?? they have vader and anakin, are they equal in durability?