Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Master Replicas FX Sabers

I didn't see one entitled this so I made one.

I just went on the MR site and they have Luke's ROTJ Green Saber, did they decide to start selling the improved model or is it the pale green first edition?

I was wondering about that also. I think its the older one-but not certain.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

It's the LED version, the one that *was* a Borders exclusive (gee, thanks so much for un-exclusiving it *after* I bought it MR ). You can tell it's not the EL version because of this sentence in the description: "Glowing, bright green blade ignites with realistic power-up, and power-down lights effects." The EL original can only blink on and off.

There's a lot of Force FX saber threads in these forums already, so don't expect "master replicas fx sabers" to be an uncommon search term, even if it's not *exactly* the same title.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    It's the LED version, the one that *was* a Borders exclusive (gee, thanks so much for un-exclusiving it *after* I bought it MR ). You can tell it's not the EL version because of this sentence in the description: "Glowing, bright green blade ignites with realistic power-up, and power-down lights effects." The EL original can only blink on and off.

There's a lot of Force FX saber threads in these forums already, so don't expect "master replicas fx sabers" to be an uncommon search term, even if it's not *exactly* the same title.
    The LED sabers specificly say LED light source. this one's description does not. maybe i will contact them and ask.

I just emailed them and the guy said its the LED version. Arschlochs. The punchline is he or she who buys from the site pays more than I did buying it in the store. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The only Force FX that says anything about LEDs on their current listings is the Mace Windu, which uses the older style text (they worded things differently back when this one came out), if you check the Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB they are virtually identical to the Luke ROTJ, no actual mention of the LEDs in 'em.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The only Force FX that says anything about LEDs on their current listings is the Mace Windu, which uses the older style text (they worded things differently back when this one came out), if you check the Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB they are virtually identical to the Luke ROTJ, no actual mention of the LEDs in 'em.

I emailed them and the guy said the ROTJ Luke Saber is the LED version and that the borders exclusivity was a temporary thing.

Bah! I spent a LOT of gas money tracking that sucker down (of course, a month later all the stores have it ).

Interesting...

My girlfriend (bless her soul) bought me the new Vader saber one for Christmas and it kicks much much butt...

BUT-

I have been looking at getting a Luke saber from Borders...but I am confused.

My Vader takes 3 AA batteries. The FX Anakin that is selling along side my Vader one says it takes 3 batteries.

I notice on MR's site it says that the Green Luke saber they have takes 6 AA batteries, yet the Luke sabers I have seen at my local Borders (sitting there, all 10 or so of them in new, unopened boxes ) all say they take 3 AA batteries.

So, am I to take it that the listing on the web site is wrong or was there an older model of the green Luke saber before the Borders one?

And don't even get me started on Mace Windu's saber...

I just got up and checked my Borders' Luke ROTJ's box, it says 6 "AA"s and that *is* what it takes. Until this newest wave of Anakin's ROTS and Vader's ESB, they all took 6 batteries, the 3 battery design is newer.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar
    My girlfriend (bless her soul) bought me the new Vader saber one for Christmas and it kicks much much butt...

BUT-

I have been looking at getting a Luke saber from Borders...but I am confused.

My Vader takes 3 AA batteries. The FX Anakin that is selling along side my Vader one says it takes 3 batteries.

I notice on MR's site it says that the Green Luke saber they have takes 6 AA batteries, yet the Luke sabers I have seen at my local Borders (sitting there, all 10 or so of them in new, unopened boxes ) all say they take 3 AA batteries.

So, am I to take it that the listing on the web site is wrong or was there an older model of the green Luke saber before the Borders one?

And don't even get me started on Mace Windu's saber...
    There was an older model with a blade that could only blink off and on and it took 6 AA batteries. The new former Borders-exclusive saber is the same except that the blade now has LEDs similar to the newest Vader and Anakin saber, so now it can power up/down. However, they didn't retool the other electronics...hence it still needs 6 batteries.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm