Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah two years does seem like a long time to wait. Hopefully it will be worth the wait. I really don't like the idea of CG, and would take classic anaimation anyday over the CG stuff.

The wait period could also be due to Hasbro having the license till 2018, perhaps they want to stretch out the product for as long as it will sell. After all in '95 when the line started up we were getting word of Star Wars being re-released in the movies with new scenes. If ROTS is truely the last movie of the saga, that means only special editions and the #d version will be the only Star Wars to hit the theaters. No new movies means product dries up.

TV related merchandise is the next step. Looking back on the vintage Kenner line, the Droids and Ewok cartoons were a last ditch effort to keep the interest. If the live action and cartoon doesn't catch the attention then the product will die as well.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Waiting so long is a huge mistake. I have absolutely no basis for it, but I have this feeling that the CG will be poorly received, and the live action tv show is going to die on the vine.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

I dont think it is a mistake. We wait three years for each movie in order, so he is keeping in time with that schedule for the TV show.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I dont think it is a mistake. We wait three years for each movie in order, so he is keeping in time with that schedule for the TV show.
    That's true, but I don't think the show has even a fraction of the momentum enjoyed by the movie releases, and delaying its onset diminishes some of the already limited fan interest that it would have.
    You'll never have another boss like me someone who's basically a chilled-out entertainer.
    David Brent

Well, I'm going to start a line in front of my television set and camp out there for 30 days before the premier!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    As for the live show, announcing it'd be '07 and then pushing it back to '08 was the first mistake, the second was Lucas wanting to co-write and direct all the first season himself This is where his control-freakery can realy harm the show.
    ......and suddenly 2008 seems far too soon.

I look at it like it'll be another Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - in other words: boring.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

*squelch*
    Lucas will laugh all the way to the bank as usual...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Well, I'm going to start a line in front of my television set and camp out there for 30 days before the premier!
    Just don't let anyone cut in line.
    The Star Wars Collectors Group: [url]www.tswcg.com[/url]

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story...date_97164.asp

So now Sansweet is apparently saying "towards the end of the decade" for the live action show, which could be '08 like they've been saying or it could be even '09 or 2010 - that's TOO LONG!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.