Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

They are waiting too long for the SW TV productions

Coming out of 2005 where ROTS was the highest grossing film and SW was totally everywhere in the spotlight, why wait over a year for the cartoon and nearly 2 years (until 2008) for the live action series?

So far, this doesn't look like it was thought out very well.

Agreed - you would of thought closer to Sith would be better but there probably are some other marketing reasons as to why. I'm sure production/post production is not a short process for these new productions.

Could come out in 2007 for the 30th anniversary.

Or if they stick with 2008 there will probably be a tie in with the original films being rereleased in 3D.

Either way it looks like it was a good way to keep SW programming/product out there over some years.

Quote Originally Posted by C5Jedi
    Or if they stick with 2008 there will probably be a tie in with the original films being rereleased in 3D.
    Is this still happening? Last I read the technology wasn't there yet.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

It's still happening. Lucas had 3D demos (including the first six minutes of A New Hope in 3D) at ShoWest in March of last year.

While I agree that I would prefer that the tv show would be seeing the light of day this year I'm guessing that Lucas wanted to take a break. He spent about 10 yrs on the PT so a bit of a break I think is ok. Although according to what MasterMatt heard at that special screening things will start this month so the show is on the same pace as the movies if not even quicker.

I don't know. I think it's pretty smart. ROTS was this years highest grossing film and I'm assuming that Lucas believes that will make it last for a year or so and keep people interested until the cartoon and TV show come out. If he unloads the movie then the cartoon then the TV show successively then he's gonna shoot his wad and be left with nothing to do.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by C5Jedi
    It's still happening. Lucas had 3D demos (including the first six minutes of A New Hope in 3D) at ShoWest in March of last year.
    Very cool. Do you know of any online reviews of this technology or more particularly the Star Wars demo?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

They *are* waiting too long, I dunno why they're aiming the Clone Wars CGI cartoon for '07, that's a massive mistake, the show can be produced VERY quickly compared to traditional animation and could have carried SW through '06. I think they're just not confident enough about setting close release dates and pushing to make the deadline, but that doesn't matter when Lucas keeps making little - sometimes pointless - tweaks right up until the last minute.

As for the live show, announcing it'd be '07 and then pushing it back to '08 was the first mistake, the second was Lucas wanting to co-write and direct all the first season himself, that's 13, 22, or 26 episodes he's got to have ready before he will shoot a single frame, in some ways it's actually a slower process than making the movies. This is where his control-freakery can realy harm the show.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

jjreason, you care to chime in on this?

(I say that because, immediately after the SW presentation at Comic Con, he commented that waiting two years was a huge, huge mistake.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    Very cool. Do you know of any online reviews of this technology or more particularly the Star Wars demo?
    You might find some info at

http://www.worldenteractive.com/lucas.htm

According to this his plan is to release the entire saga in 3D in 2007 for the anniversary.