Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Titanium Figures- any one else notice?

On the front of the packaging for the upcoming Fett and Vader Titanium figures, there are a couple of interesting perks I noticed. Namely:

"Removable Helmet!"

"Poseable!"

I had no idea that Hasbro would do anything of the sort for these guys!

I wonder how articulated these figures will be? Die-Cast parts tend to wear out when it comes to articulation...

Hey JT or SirSteve- I wanna' see under the helmets! If you can dig up pics with these guys "sans helmet" it would be appreciated.

Depending on how cool the inner facial sculpts are (Fett should be a Temura face- Vader could be Christiansen OR Shaw...) I might actually buy these things.

Good luck

I was going to post about these but I seem to remember the reaction here was muted. I wasn't that bothered at first, but on seeing them I would buy them if I saw them in a store, but I wouldn't go to the trouble of ebay or getting them shipped over here.

I don't collect, or have any desire to collect action figures, however these have caught my eye, and personally I'd rather have Jango that Boba. Clones would be nice too, and I gather these are coming.
    http://homepage.mac.com/stupidfish

First, let me say that "Poseable" is an *extremely* generous claim, when we first covered these last year Hasbro said they'd have "limited" articulation, I think something like 3 POA. As for the removable helmets, if they're not all metal figures (which I definitely suspect is the case) then expect the helmets and heads underneath to be previously-released pieces. If I get photos of either helmetless, I'll make sure to get that posted.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    As for the removable helmets, if they're not all metal figures (which I definitely suspect is the case) then expect the helmets and heads underneath to be previously-released pieces. If I get photos of either helmetless, I'll make sure to get that posted.
    In any case, this will mark the first time we have a Boba Fett figure w/o helmet. It's just too bad they didn't use this concept for the Carkoon Fett.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Huh

Thanks JT- I didn't even stop to think that there might be plastic on these figures...meaing that the helmets will probably be plastic if the body is a full metal mold...or else the heads and helmets will be plastic or the helmet will be metal or the head plastic or....

ARGH!

Good luck getting the pics

I'd bet the farm that those packages are only pre-production mock-ups. More than likely, they just took Vader's package and tweaked a few colors to make Boba's. They probably forgot or didn't bother to change the script on the side saying "removeable helmet". The final production package will likely have something like "includes blaster!" I highly doubt that this will be, nor will we ever get, a "Boba Fett w/ removeable helmet."

Quote Originally Posted by BespinLobot
    I'd bet the farm that those packages are only pre-production mock-ups. More than likely, they just took Vader's package and tweaked a few colors to make Boba's. They probably forgot or didn't bother to change the script on the side saying "removeable helmet". The final production package will likely have something like "includes blaster!" I highly doubt that this will be, nor will we ever get, a "Boba Fett w/ removeable helmet."
    I tend to agree BUT you never know...

No, they're not that simple, look more carefully, each has a unique character-themed background the way the Titanium vehicles' packaging does. Also, if you look at the figs in the package, it looks like they have removable helmets. Finally, the reason I don't think this is mock-up packaging is because it has an actual tray AND twisties around the figure AND the child choke warning on the side.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ooo

I think he was saying that they just borrowed text...but then, you don't see too many mock-ups with the features you mentioned.

Now, if only Hasbro would leak pics of them figures without their helmets...

The patina-finish samples seem to confirm that they *do* have removable helmets like I said they would, you can see in the "shell-bearing" Vader that the top of his helmet is askew, while the "loose" Fett clearly shows his chin:

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/ne...dn/default.cfm